Its Official.. ANDI is Greece's only Licensed training agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
from ANDI greece's managing director (the certificate is NOT attached, its on file at ANDI HQ --- Its in greek)

I am proud to announce that as from today (28.04.2006) ANDI Hellas Ltd. has
been officially recognized by the Greek Ministry of Merchant Marine as the first
diver training organisation to be approved under the new diving law 3409/2005
(Government Gazette Number 273 dated 04.11.2005) in accordance with European
Standards. ANDI Hellas Ltd. is the only licensed training agency in Greece.
Furthermore, the ANDI Hellas Ltd. team has also been appointed Auditors for the
BVQI regarding standard EN 14467 which deals with the audit inspection of ‘service
providers’ (dive schools and resorts) regarding diving equipment, Breathing Gas
Production Systems and the safety standards for divers.
I have attached a copy of the Greek Ministry’s Approval for ANDI Hellas Ltd.
together with the BVQI’s Certificate.
Best regards
Takis Vournas,
Managing Director, ANDI Hellas Ltd

I didn't realize that they were licensing agencies under the new law. What does this mean in practice?

R..

Diver0001:
I didn't realize that they were licensing agencies under the new law. What does this mean in practice?

R..

if the agency or service provider is not licensed they can't legally teach/ do business.. This also effectively eliminates independent instructors at least for the time being..
they have been letting people slide for a while (since no one was in place) but I hear enforcement is forth coming..

At this point from what I gather, in order to legally issue another certification it would have to be piggy backed onto an approved program..

All service auditing will be done through ANDI Hella regardless of who the shop is affiliated with.. ANDI Hellas has worked closely with the Greek governing bodies over the last few years, and basically the standards that will have to be met (gas purity, safety procedures ect) in reality are close to ANDI's standards..

For another agency to get approved they first need euf certification then will have to be audited.. There are additional requirements for another agency besides the EUF certification, training materials for classes offered must be available in greek, the agency must have a full time presence (HQ) in Greece plus staff to support their facilities and instructors..

there are a few other requirements but I dont remember them offhand.

There is probably a loop-hole for non greek nationals.. Since being part of teh EU means you have to recognize the ce cert for other nationals, they can probably get by.. I know this is the case in some other countries like Spain... FOr non nationals they just have to meet EU requirements for their own nationals they have a series of additional requierments.

I really don;t expect it to be a big deal.. The big guys will spend the money and set up shop.. SSI and PADI already have EUF certification, they just need to get the other items in place..

In practice it means absolutely nothing. Its the new dozey EU directive which will be ignored.

The government both recognises and accepts other agencies and in reality the release above is utterly useless in the real world.

...right must go and finish tidying up this padi dive centre in greece which has been officially given the ok this week :)

OMG, Sting.... They're letting you work in a PADI shop? LOL

You just there for the summer or what?

Thanks for the details, guys.

R..

Yes im going to have to learn PADI.....

Working as DM equivalent

Diver0001:
OMG, Sting.... They're letting you work in a PADI shop? LOL

You just there for the summer or what?

Thanks for the details, guys.

R..

Also remember the "service provider", whos performing fills, supplying transportation ect, has nothing to do with an individual agency.. They just need to meet a specific set of standards of care and service.. Its completely separate from teaching..

Both teaching and the other stuff is fine for other agencies. Its just the much ignored and dated eu directive being dug out. To become affiliated you simply have to pay them lots of money and lots of money for renewal fee. Its as simple as that and why its being ignored in the eu including greece. Its something else dreamed up by the idiots in brussels.

The "European UnderWater Federation" ( http://www.euf.org.uk/ ) certificate it basically boils down to.

Lengthy thread been going on for months about it here:

http://www.bsacforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3523

padiscubapro:
from ANDI greece's managing director (the certificate is NOT attached, its on file at ANDI HQ --- Its in greek)

I am proud to announce that as from today (28.04.2006) ANDI Hellas Ltd. has
been officially recognized by the Greek Ministry of Merchant Marine as the first
diver training organisation to be approved under the new diving law 3409/2005
(Government Gazette Number 273 dated 04.11.2005) in accordance with European
Standards. ANDI Hellas Ltd. is the only licensed training agency in Greece.
Furthermore, the ANDI Hellas Ltd. team has also been appointed Auditors for the
BVQI regarding standard EN 14467 which deals with the audit inspection of ‘service
providers’ (dive schools and resorts) regarding diving equipment, Breathing Gas
Production Systems and the safety standards for divers.
I have attached a copy of the Greek Ministry’s Approval for ANDI Hellas Ltd.
together with the BVQI’s Certificate.
Best regards
Takis Vournas,
Managing Director, ANDI Hellas Ltd

em hm i suggest you dbetter take a look at this....

http://www.huts.gr/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=85

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom