It's the holiday; we know the name if not the man.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goindrinkn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I was just thinking of a near miss we had this weekend off Sarasota, as boats were flying south for the shark tourney... It's been since late Jan that most of us have brought up dive flag awareness. :no:

I know the name, I've seen it 1000 times, but I don't know Rob Murphy. But somehow thinking of the struggle he's dealt with these past months both brings a tear to my eye :depressed: and raises the hair on my neck. I can't begin to imagine what he's had to deal with... But I know, and I am sure those around him believe it doesn't have to be this way.

I know we went out on a windy, cold, and dreary weekend in Jan, but we are getting to a holiday weekend. (that looks to be as windy and dreary, but not quite as cold) Please remember to ask your friends, shout to your neighbors, and preach to those who know not... We (the divers) are out there... Stay away from our flags! I wish I had more of a platform to get this out there, but we are the diving masses. If everyone that read this mentioned it to someone, at least 37 people would take notice. And that could help someone. Isn't that worth it? :)

thanks,

James

Excellent idea Brian, anyone active on any boating threads should start a dive flag awareness thread. I'd be happy to scan copies of the dive flag awareness flyer we handed out and e-mail them to anyone who wants one.

I'm a couple of local boating forums on Facebook, I'll share it there.

I preach all the time. Every renter I have that I know is down for a tournament or just on vacation looking to go out and have fun. I warn them that there are divers in the waters here. I tell them the laws of dive flags and what they mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom