It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok guys and gals, even though it's mid summer, I will break the ice for planning for Fall Meet and Greet. I think it should be in Oct. (but please, not Oct. 10-12---I have a wedding contracted for that date) Last Fall we had a small but fun group; the weather was awesome and the water WARM. Obviously, I would like to see it happen at Gilboa, but whatever the majority of the attendees want, that's where it should be. Let's see if we can gather the same great group we had at Spring M & G plus a few more newbies. So those of you who have always wanted to experience John and Ted's antics, some great Chicago cheesecake (I forgot who brought those), Toledo Keilbasa, Katie's:blinking:hot sauce, John's TexMex, the "bunkhouse", a tour to the "GRIMMIS" head, me diving in a real "dry" suit, and all the campfire fun---make your plans now. Ted, if you can make it, take leadership and pick a date like you did for the Spring M & G, and we'll go with it--that's better than wasting time on a debate to try to fit everybody's schedule. Oct. 3-5, 10-12. 17-19, 24-26. If you can make that date, fine; if not, maybe the Spring M & G. OK---Let's get it done!! :D

THE DATE?
THE LOCATION?
WHO'S COMING?
WHO'S BRINGING WHAT?

I think it is a given that it will be at Gilboa. I think anyone mentioning someplace else is grounds for death, Lord forbid.

I'll do my best to make it this time around. It's football season, so that makes life more difficult but I think that I can make it work.

I'm up for it. I'd prefer Gilboa, or Tobermory, whichever. :D

No preference on which weekend right now. It is football season, but we're not talking about November so it might be alright.

I'll have a tent, a heater, and maybe another canopy tent depending on weather. No idea on food yet. I'll also have a red Honda Element that will turn rabbits green with envy. :D

I missed out on the Spring one as I wasnt Quite certed yet, but I'm good to go now! I'll be there, where-ever/when-ever it ends up.

I missed the spring M&G and I REALLY want to make this one. The two weekends that work for me are Oct. 10-12 or 24-26.

You just can't beat local diving that time of year. The air temps are cool making gearing up much more comfortable, no heat and humidity to making camping a nightmare, it's great campfire weather and the water is still just about at it's warmest point. Ideal!

I missed the spring M&G and I REALLY want to make this one. The two weekends that work for me are Oct. 10-12 or 24-26.

Let's shoot for Oct. 24-26 I'm going to take Ted's lead and just declare that date as the official Fall Meet & Greet @ Gilboa. I hope you all can make it. Let us know who's coming.

Now that you have followed Ted's lead and picked the day, shouldn't you be backing out to go to Florida?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom