Itza Lodge. Long Caye, Belize. The good, bad and everything else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen the place a number of times from a distance while staying at Turneffe Island Resort. In my opinion it's a huge eyesore and I was hoping it would go bankrupt before it ever opened. I'm not sure how the atoll is going withstand that large of a facility and the human impact that's going to be associated with it.

yeah...i dunno...just has a bit of a 'if we say it's luxury and 5* hard enough then it will be' feel about it......at least they aren't trying to hide the sargassum on the beach and were smart enough to build a big pool, although it definitely looks like it was built by someone who knows nothing about resort layout. :) who knows, the dude sells good spectacles, maybe he can run a good resort....

I think I saw that caye being cleared years ago the second time we stayed at Turneffe Island Lodge/Resort. The dive staff told me it was being done to make way for a new resort. I often wondered if it had been built since I never heard or read anything about it. Until now. If that's the right spot.

Not really my kind of place. No real Belizean vibe to it except for the people who work there. Might as well be in Cancun or Miami Beach. But I always appreciate places like that because they leave more of Belize for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom