iX3M Deep/Tech+/Reb (Ratio computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I noted elsewhere:

1. The 4 small buttons close together could be a problem with heavy gloves/mitts.

2. Rechargeable batteries can be a problem if they are not user replaceable (like the defunct X1). I saw nothing in the material that mentioned the ability to replace the battery.

Cant speak on buttons but totally agree with battery. It has some nice features like GPS. Also curious how CO2 sensor works in this device and if there could be any issues with it.

Wow, can they pack any more features into a computer?
It even has an optional O2 Analyzer to check your tank. I wonder what the price point will be.
The menu navigation seems odd to me just looking at the manual.

Why do they continue to rely on rechargeable batteries is beyond my understanding. Planned Obsolescence maybe? Maybe it draws more than it's possible to get from a AA or a set of AAA batteries?

I guess those will be answered during DEMA.

Competition is a good thing!

Looks interesting. At some point though, they're just packing more stuff in to say they can pack more stuff in.

GPS? Ok, except it doesn't work underwater so really it's only got limited use. Entry and exit points, cool, but nothing to drool over.

What good is a magnetometer if you're diving steels? If it's detuned that much that a pair of steels a foot and a half away don't affect it, how good is it going to be at finding anything?

A light meter? I'm not sure what the point is. We've gotten to the point where in-camera metering is excellent for what we do, and it's not like you're going to shove you wrist in a fish's face to get a meter reading.

Pitch and roll? I can't say I can think of a situation where I'd need this.

O2 analyzer is interesting, but the gold standard Analox is so easy to use, I feel like this is just one more thing to keep track of.

At some point, feature creep has taken over. It may be a fantastic computer, but I'm not sure what it accomplishes better than what's currently on the market.

Well, they could trade AI for the magetometer, so they would not add any new useless features, just replace one with another that, at least, a lot of people would like. Personally, I know how to find my steel tanks--a readout of their contents would make more sense.

Back
Top Bottom