iX3M Deep/Tech+/Reb (Ratio computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've had the iX3M REB for a few months now and can honestly say i've got no regrets, it's performed flawlessly I've only been down to about 53m on it though). I like the deco table you can pull up on the fly to see your future stops and times and the magnetometer has proved useful once in the north sea looking for a wreck in virtually no vis!

I also like the ability to change the GFs in the event of a situation warranting a quick ascent differing from the original plan, hope i never have to use it but seems like a good idea.

As for the rebreather model, i haven't connected it to my breather yet as the cable hasn't been released by Ratio yet. But in terms of bailouts and gas switches, the four buttons are easy to use with thick gloves.

The only things i'd like to suggest to them to change are:

- The function to 'flip' the screen 180 degrees so i can wear it on my right arm with the Reb connection facing the right direction (up my arm) for cable routing.

- on the main dive screen my old Petrel had an option of showing the PO2 for the given depth you were at, this is incredibly useful when Dil flushing the loop and trying to work out what the PO2 should be when there's a lot of other things to focus on.

Apart from that, spot on computer!

What about batteries and battery life? What type batteries do they use and how long do they last?

How thick is the iX3M Tech? I can't find that data on their website or in the user's manual.

Look at the dimensions specs at the bottom of this page on the left:

Ratio Dive Computers - iX3M Deep

Aha! Thanks! 28mm. That page is so slow to load, the image with the dimensions took a minute to load and display. I must not have been patient enough before. The Perdix and Petrel 2 both spec at 39mm for their thickest dimension. The OSTC3 specs at 22mm.

Aha! Thanks! 28mm. That page is so slow to load, the image with the dimensions took a minute to load and display. I must not have been patient enough before. The Perdix and Petrel 2 both spec at 39mm for their thickest dimension. The OSTC3 specs at 22mm.

So it is between the Perdix and the OSTC3.

So it is between the Perdix and the OSTC3.

Why is that? You've decided that iX3M rechargeable, non-user replaceable battery is not something you are willing to live with?

Oh, and the Seabear H3 is 13mm thick.

Why is that? You've decided that iX3M rechargeable, non-user replaceable battery is not something you are willing to live with?

He's talking about the size. The size of the iX3M is between the Perdix and the OSTC3.

He's talking about the size. The size of the iX3M is between the Perdix and the OSTC3.

Oh, right. Duh. My bad. Oops.

Sorry, I meant that the thickness of the Ratio-computer is between the aforementioned computers.

The choice is between who will have AI first :) the Ratio-computer folks told me that they will have AI by coming DEMA time. It appears that SeaBear will have theirs at DEMA also.

The battery is builtin but is rechargeable with the Ratio-computer. I don't think that it will be an issue for me now. I am not sure of what its rated life but I am sure it is in the many years time frame. Of course it would have been much nicer to be user changeable in addition to rechargeable but it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom