J. C. Morrison Wreck in Barrie Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Malcolm, it's been about 15 years since I did the Morrison, but I have heard that the buoy has not been there this summer. We used to just surface swim to the buoy.

Someone posted the following this week:

"In Kempenfelt bay, when you descend the steps into the water, if you go North, you may hit the water fountain. You'll want to take a compass heading of due East. You'll follow stick markers and cinder blocks. You'll want to follow these for about 100 yards and you'll come to a street sign. Once at the street sign, change heading to about NNE and give about 8 - 10 fin kicks where you should find yourself at the bow of the wreck. There is a plaque commemorating the JC Morrison, you'll find it by the boat launch area on the South shore".

I'll warn you it's small and it was pretty broken up back then, so I can imagine now. While parking used to be free, the town has not been very welcoming to divers, so it now costs $10/hour without a local permit. But, it's a new place to dive for you, and it's relatively warm. Have fun! :)

Hi Malcolm, it's been about 15 years since I did the Morrison, but I have heard that the buoy has not been there this summer. We used to just surface swim to the buoy.

Someone posted the following this week:

"In Kempenfelt bay, when you descend the steps into the water, if you go North, you may hit the water fountain. You'll want to take a compass heading of due East. You'll follow stick markers and cinder blocks. You'll want to follow these for about 100 yards and you'll come to a street sign. Once at the street sign, change heading to about NNE and give about 8 - 10 fin kicks where you should find yourself at the bow of the wreck. There is a plaque commemorating the JC Morrison, you'll find it by the boat launch area on the South shore".

I'll warn you it's small and it was pretty broken up back then, so I can imagine now. While parking used to be free, the town has not been very welcoming to divers, so it now costs $10/hour without a local permit. But, it's a new place to dive for you, and it's relatively warm. Have fun! :)
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated hoping the visibility is half decent it hasn't been good this year on the inland lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom