J Valve Rods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been fortunate enough to find a few steel 72's and backpaks for them. Unfortunatley they all have J valves( which I like), but have not found any Rods for activating them. I need 4 of them, anyone know of source for these?

Several members have made their own pull rods. That might be an option for you.

I've heard of brass brazing rod being used. If you can find 300 series stainless rod it would be stronger, provided you can bend the stuff. 3/16"(at the most) X 22-24" should do you.

I've been using brass rods... but be careful of the sharp bends, I've snapped a couple.

Aloha Catalina
Just wait a bit, there are always J valve pull rods showing up on e-bay. I will let you know when I see the next batch.
Aloha
Roger

You might try Vintage Scuba Supply. I just purchased 1 from there about 2 months ago. They aren't on the website, but if you e-mail Dan, he might still have some. He has(or had) 2 sizes. The short is for small doubles, and the long is for the 72's and similar tanks.

back in the day, mine were always stainless. You could make one using SS welding rods, they're 1/8 inch diameter. Brass would work as well & be easier to bend. I'd think AL would work too.

Back
Top Bottom