Jakarta airport, can we buy alcohol or cigarettes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We land at 1155p and leave for Sorong at 6a. Wi!l there be any shops open to buy liquor or cigarettes at that time? If not are there any liquor stores in Sorong? We would like to buy a bottle before we board our liveboard. Thanks

You can definitely get cigarettes. I don't know about alcohol. But I've always heard that it's better to buy at the duty free shop on your way to Indo because taxes on foreign liquor are exhorbitant.

Bring your own liquor and smokes. Indo smokes are awful. I bottle and one carton are permitted duty free.

definitely buy duty free, pricing in Indonesia is about 3 times higher for a bottle than what you get in duty free from where you get on the plane

Mike is that true coming from S'pore as well?

- Bill
Coming from anywhere.. a 1 Litre bottle of Grey Goose vodka in Bali will cost you close to $120 in Bali. It will cost you $50 in Sing Duty Free. A bottle of crap wine in Bali will cost you $30, it will cost you $10 in Duty Free.

Whatever you do though, don't ever buy it in the Dufry Shop on the way in to the airport in Indonesia, major rip off. Buy it in Singapore, Taiwan, Dubai, HK etc etc..

duty free is still not great though. total wine, k and l wine, or bevmo are all cheaper if you have checked bags.
I don't know what any of " total wine, k and l wine, or bevmo" means in English but any Duty Free outside of Indonesia is cheaper than any alcohol inside of Indonesia..

I am saying get it from a discount liquor store because even with liquor taxes in the us, it is cheaper than airport duty free including the duty free at us airports. 1.75l of grey goose is 39 USD at total wine.

Doesn't Google work in Indonesia?

I am saying get it from a discount liquor store because even with liquor taxes in the us, it is cheaper than airport duty free including the duty free at us airports

Doesn't Google work in Indonesia?

It does.. and not everyone is lucky enough to live in places like the US where alcohol is cheaper than buying it in Duty Free

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom