Jakarta Airport Hotel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scorpiofish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There is a hotel inside the International terminal. If you arrive in the international terminal, go through customs, collect bags, can you still get into the hotel without rechecking? We have a longish layover before flying out from the domestic terminal (about 11 hours).

Sure, the hotel entrance is located outside the customs and luggage collection, it's not located within the transit area, hence you can enter the hotel even if you are a visitor without any tickets. in the morning they have a shuttle on request that will drive you to the domestic terminal, ask them when checking in.
Hints :
the breakfast is really not good at the airport hotel, there's a coffee shop down the hotel stairs, in the hall right handside, where they sell decent coffee and cakes, we prefer it to the free hotel breakfast.
The Jakarta airport changers booths just after the luggage colection propose a competitive exhange rate, don't hesitate to change some money here, it will be better than anywhere eastern indonesia.

Keep in mind the hotel is in Terminal 2, which is mostly domestic now. Should make the morning flight a breeze.

Just a heads up on the Digital Hotel in T3 as I've stayed there twice already.

Pros:
1) Convenience - especially now with the airport tram that goes to T1 and T2 so you don't have to deal with the shuttle bus fiasco anymore.
2) Plenty of options to eat in the T3 departure and arrival area.
3) Clean - It is new (opened last May) so everything is still in good condition. You also get a locker with towels, toiletries, and slippers.
4) Comfortable - If you are not claustrophobic, then you will be fine. The capsule has a TV inside and the internet is quite fast. All the basic creature comforts you need, you will find it. But if you are 6'5' or taller and a bit on the heavier set, then it might be a bit uncomfortable.
5) Cheap - The new rate should be less than $30 USD. Last when I stayed with them, I paid around $300K IDR for one night. They also have the 4hour/6hour/8 hour/12 hour options if I recall correctly.

Cons:
1) It does not have it's own bathroom/toilets. So you will be sharing that with the airport staff in the staff bathroom/toilet area. It's at the end of the other side of the hotel and make a right when you exit the door and it's on your left. There are only 4 bathroom/toilet facilities so it might a bit occupied from time to time.
2) Noise - There is no such thing as soundproofing for the capsules hence you can pretty much hear everything around you. Common area etiquette in most of Asia is an after thought hence if you are a light sleeper like I am, please prepare a set of ear plugs.
3) The capsules are stacked two high so you can feel the shake and rattle if you're at the bottom capsule while your neighbor on top goes in and out, up and down via the ladder.
4) The luggage(s) is/are kept in the common storage room, which is the staff office. So make sure you have a luggage lock to lock your luggage and take the valuables with you and put it in the locker. The locker is big enough to fit a 26" carry-on.

Overall, I still recommend it. Both times I stayed at digital were because I had night arrivals from Palu. Given the airline record in Indonesia, I did not want to risk booking at return flight on the same night. I decided to stay one night at the airport and take the early morning flight out the next day. I did not have to deal with the airport car traffic and it took 10 min walking from my bed to my check-in counter.

I stayed in the transit hotel referred to above recently. It was absolutely perfect for a one night stop after a long flight, two minutes walk from the exit. It was a quiet clean room with a big comfy bed and a great bathroom. The staff were friendly and I caught the free shuttle to T3 for the onward flight.

Has anyone stayed in Jakarta airport or nearby recently, Is the previous info on this thread still the best? Our flights in and out say terminal 3. We have a 16 hour layover the 22nd of this month, arriving around 9:30a.m. and departing just after midnight on a Garuda flight to Sorong. Any advice on hotels? Reviews on the Pods don't look that great. Can you stay off airport property without much difficulty?
Thanks for any info.

For that amount of time I would stay in one of the hotels close to the airport. Most are only about 20 minutes away even with traffic. Plenty to choose from just pick your budget.

For that amount of time I would stay in one of the hotels close to the airport. Most are only about 20 minutes away even with traffic. Plenty to choose from just pick your budget.

I agree 100% with this. Once you come through immigration, get a BluieBiird or SilverBird taxi and head to a nearby airport hotel. Enjoy a pool, decent food, hot shower, etc... If you have a midnight domestic departure from T3 you can leave about 10 and be just fine. There is a big cluster just by the Airport: Swissbell, Bandara International Hotel, Ibis, etc... Pick your poison...

If it were me I would go to the Bandara International Hotel By Accor. It is old but has nice grounds, an Indonesian feel, and is not a sterile, business hotel. You can also hit the spa and be confident you are getting a massage and nothing else...unlike the some of the other places. Gross.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom