Jakarta airport question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peeweediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all: First, thanks to everyone who has provided great information and reports on the Indonesia site. It's been great to read and daydream for our upcoming trip. Quick question: Our flight from Jakarta to Sorong on November 26th departs at 5:30 am. For those who have flown at that time, when would you arrive at the airport? Our group of 20 is doing a live-a-board then a land-based resort and I will prepare a trip report afterwards. Thanks.

Rob

We recently flew out at approximately the same time. The airport is quiet, so the security lines were short, but given that you'll be checking in luggage and some of that luggage may be overweight requiring penalty fees, getting there a 4am is a good idea. Depending where your hotel is, this will require that you pay for an early morning shuttle. The free airport shuttles usually don't start early enough for that departure time.

If you can arrange to pay for the excessive luggage in advance, DO IT. The fees at the airport are ridiculously high. We were 20kg over weight (a lot, I know), and the fee for that was more than the ticket price.

We recently flew out at approximately the same time. The airport is quiet, so the security lines were short, but given that you'll be checking in luggage and some of that luggage may be overweight requiring penalty fees, getting there a 4am is a good idea. Depending where your hotel is, this will require that you pay for an early morning shuttle. The free airport shuttles usually don't start early enough for that departure time.

If you can arrange to pay for the excessive luggage in advance, DO IT. The fees at the airport are ridiculously high. We were 20kg over weight (a lot, I know), and the fee for that was more than the ticket price.

What airline was this if you don't mind sharing?

CGK to SOQ

Batik #6288 at 05:35?

We left the FM7 at 3AM sharp and almost didn’t make the flight.

The domestic terminal has a lot of early AM flights and a lot of commuting worker traveling.

Biz or tourist - it makes a difference.

If you are on Batik and need to pay for extra baggage, you get a pay-slip at the counter and go to another office to pay. No one is in a hurry. There fees are modest. It takes time.

There are two security checks - first one you get in the door, second one after check-in. Both lines are slow.

As I recall Batik at 535 is the last flight of the day to SOQ

Boat first? Wouldn’t want to miss it.

Who are you diving with - boat/land?

Agreed ,it is a very busy place be very careful they will change the gate without notice and wont even update on the screen, suddenly u will see whole crowd of local rushing and running toward a gate, we almost missed the direct flight to
SO WRONG

Cert1967 and everyone: Thank you so much the needed information. Our group of 20 will be at the FM7 and I assumed that we'd take the first shuttle, 3:00 am. Now, I'm a bit nervous. I will stress with everyone being under the weight limits. Because we're a big group, maybe we can talk FM7 into starting the shuttle at 2:30 or 2:45. I'm going into the LDS today to help the owner/trip leader prepare the itinerary for the group. All of your responses will help us think through our actions.
Thanks again!!

Dont know the traffic at 3:am,when we took the 5:30 am shuttle to airport to fly back home, it stop at all 3 terminal and it took a good half hr. to arrive international terminal .
BTW, when we flew to Sorong we had the 1:50 am direct flight arrived at around 7 :am.

Cert1967: If the boat/land question was to me, we're on the Gaia Love and then Gangga Island resort. Yes, very pricey and any future trips will be on less expensive boats, but we like the group a lot and willing to pay to hang out with them. Since we're the whole boat, I hope they'd wait for us if we're a bit off on timing.

Rob

Thanks, Wildbill. I'll relax and daydream during the next 2 weeks before we're in Jakarta and ready for Raja. Guess I have to work during these two weeks as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom