Jake Rotman Koenen (BigFame)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday afternoon, ScubaBoard lost one of it's own ... a new, and very enthusiastic young man who was known on SB as BigFame.

He experienced medical problems during a dive, surfaced with his dive buddy, told his buddy he was having difficulty breathing, and collapsed on the beach. Despite the best efforts of some very well-qualified bystanders ... including TSandM (an ER doctor) ... and a very quick response by emergency medical personnel ... Jake never regained consciousness.

Rest in peace, Jake ... in the short time we knew you, you were loved and will be missed.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was just looking at Jake's profile and noticed this:

Biography
I have no idea how to go about writing my biography really. Hopefully most of it has yet to be written.

:crying2:

My most sincere thoughts and prayers go out to Jake and his family and friends, especially TSandM.

:depressed:

Wow my heart goes out to his family and friends, I'm sure there are many. Also TSandM as a doc must be devastated let alone being a friend, I cant imagine the heart pain.........

Jake,
Your enthusiasm and love for diving will be missed... you will always be in our thoughts and minds... specially our dives. I know you're watching and anxiously waiting for our reports and stories... You will be missed.

I am new to the forums, and joined because I am a scuba diver and Jake was my cousin. I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support and express the sincerest gratitude for those who tried to help Jake in his final moments. Jake was a wonderful and enthusiastic man who brightened the lives of everyone he met and he will be missed. We can all be grateful that his passing occurred whilst doing something he loved and amongst caring individuals.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jake and his family and friends including Lynne.

Wow..how very sad!
My heart and prayers go out to his friends and family and especially to Lynne.
My sincere and heartfelt concolences.

Drew

I only got to chat with Jake a few times over at DMX. But he was enthusiastic, inquisitive, incredibly good-natured, and he really had a good head on his shoulders. We was instantly likeable and always had great/funny/thoughtful contributions.

From the reports, it looked like he and his buddy did everything right, they had all the resources one could have hoped for to help out on the surface, and everything that could have been done, was done. It's all that I could have asked for for myself, and I'm glad he had the benefit of one last dive. I know you're resting easy Jake; take care buddy.

Kenn

I received this message from a friend of Jake's family, with a request to post it on ScubaBoard. For those who are local, Jake was a very special young man ... then, I think most everyone who know him locally is already planning to attend ...

Michael Rotman Koenen invites anyone and everyone to remember his brother. Memorial service is Tuesday at 7pm at 7910 Greenwood Ave N (Greenwood Masonic Lodge).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Accidentally posted under wrong log-in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom