James Bond dead. Sad day Sean Connery RIP.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read about him beating up his wife....and thinking it was perfectly fine.

Always liked Thunderball and the scuba scenes. Sometimes it turns out that celebs we like are awful humans. It does create some cognitve dissonance.

No spouses should beat each other. I never hit my wife and never will. (She's hit me at times though, which I didn't mind. And no, I don't mean like a BDSM thing.)
Anyway, I was born the year Dr. No came out, and I literally grew up with 007. Always enjoyed the films. Some more than others. For me, it's sad when someone you've grown up watching leaves us, but it's a part of life and he lived a grand 90 years. Plus, he'll live on in his films and our memories. For me, he was the ultimate Bond. Even though others did a great job too, including the current 007.
I've worked with two directors through the years that made films with Sean and they spoke of him mostly kindly and with respect. One director said he could be an obnoxious SOB when he wanted to be, which I could see that.
Don't know if anyone from his family is on here, but fellow Florida resident Jordy Klein Sr., not only worked on Thunderball and other Bond films, he also designed some of the gear. His son Jordy Jr., is carrying on in the family business and I worked with him last year on Nat Geo's The Right Stuff.
Lastly, Never Say Never again has underwater scenes in it from Ginnie Spring's ballroom entrance as well as Jug Hole's beautiful entrance. (The fight scene.) Every time I swim by those places I think of a time back around 1981 when it was full of film crew people.
God speed Sir Sean and thank you...

Absolutely. But Daniel brought the Bond character back towards the Bond of Ian Fleming's original books. The decline started already with Roger Moore (stay with The Saint, Roger!) and only got worse until Daniel Craig entered the scene.
Timothy Dalton’s license to kill was awesome, first bond film to get a pg13 rating . Shark bites lighters leg off!!!! Awesome movie with some scuba scenes

I'm sure Blofeld is expecting him somewhere, they've got unfinished business to settle...

Auld lang syne...

Sean again will always be Bond, but I gotta give props to Craig to me he rates number 2. George Lazenby would be number 3, he came after Connery for one movie "Her Majesties Secret Service" also had the late great Dame Diana Rigg starred with him. I had a crush on Diana during her "Avengers" days...LOL!

right on 007 is always Connery but Craig is a close second........Moore was the worst ...RIP 007

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAZLm7FSefOcz2T48rjCnfkaSFOd_OWJT8BK1bIsyPKLmPhK2v.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom