James Bond dead. Sad day Sean Connery RIP.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, the wife beating thing. That might be the answer to my long-standing question as to why SNL portrays him as they do on their SNL Jeopardy skits, which I LOVE but never quite understood. If you haven't watched them, you owe it to yourself. You have to watch about 3 before you start to get the in-joke that is his constant beratement of "Trebek" (Will Ferrell).

Lastly, Never Say Never again has underwater scenes in it from Ginnie Spring's ballroom entrance as well as Jug Hole's beautiful entrance. (The fight scene.)
I did not know that and will have to check out the movie, again. My fave as 007 were Connery and Craig.

Vale Sean Connery, the original and the best Bond... early films were pretty close to Fleming's books.

So many iconic scenes, but It was this one in Thunderball that got me interested in pneumatic spearguns.
I have a Technisub Jaguar, but sadly it did not come with the very lovely Claudine Auger :wink:

right on 007 is always Connery but Craig is a close second........Moore was the worst ...RIP 007

Nah, Roger Moore was the best Bond ever. See below...

The Bond you like reflects the age you are.

Ok, actually Roger Moore was not the best Bond ever, but my first fond memory of a James Bond movie was "For Your Eyes Only." So yeah, the biologists got it right with the imprinting thing! :D

RIP Sean Connery

I always liked Bond's underwater breathing device

bond.jpg

Connery will always be Bond for me, but my favorite Connery movies were The Untouchables, The Rock, and Entrapment. I also liked Medicine Man and First Knight a ton. I had a really hard time with it when it came out that he hit women and thought that it could be justified.

... Daniel brought the Bond character back towards the Bond of Ian Fleming's original books...

Some of us consider that to be exactly the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom