James Cameron - Cave Diving Blockbuster 'Sanctum'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Writer/Producer, Andrew Wight, is an accomplished Australian cave diver and explorer. He, along with several other "well known" cavers and cave divers were indeed, trapped in a cave in Australia. This is the basis. Wes and I took James Cameron, a tech diver in his own right, on his first cave dive. We worked out and shot some example footage of some of the more technical scenes. Pic attached.

Attachments

• CameronJill.jpg
    CameronJill.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 504
The Writer/Producer, Andrew Wight, is an accomplished Australian cave diver and explorer. He, along with several other "well known" cavers and cave divers were indeed, trapped in a cave in Australia. This is the basis. Wes and I took James Cameron, a tech diver in his own right, on his first cave dive. We worked out and shot some example footage of some of the more technical scenes. Pic attached.

Good to know. Hopefully some of this will translate into the film without it coming across as just an extreme sport/adrenaline rush/scare tactic type of movie.

But, then this is Hollywood...

We can still hope! :)

I know that sensationalism sells, but it also reinforces the opinions of friends and family I'm gonna die everytime we go on a dive trip. And I don't even use split fins! :shocked2:

I know that sensationalism sells, but it also reinforces the opinions of friends and family I'm gonna die everytime we go on a dive trip. And I don't even use split fins! :shocked2:

:angel2: Ah yes the love of friends and family.

Remember the Guardian - Kevin Cosner and Astin Kutcher? Having been in the Coast Guard myself and my brother too as an Aviation Survival Man, the movie wasn't too terribly hard to watch. Of course they have to add the love interest, testosterone - I'm a man and can do anything - and the end the ultimate sacrafice! They did get some of the technical stuff right.

I predict an increase in demand for cave diving instruction after the release of this movie. I believe in the movie dry caving almost kills them and cave diving is what saves their lives. You need to put that spin on it with your friends and family, John. :wink:

Also the increase in bidders buyers and prices so get in now.
At least winter is on your Stateside.

Also the increase in bidders buyers and prices so get in now.
At least winter is on your Stateside.

I didn't even think of that! Thanks! I'll have to put a reminder on my calendar to raise my fees in February... :wink:

Not your Stateside, their Stateside.
Remember the customer is always "ahem" right.
Who's ahem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom