Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marci,

The positive thoughts and prayers just never stop for you two. Wouldn't that just be too ironical to find out that Jameson is allergic to breast milk. Such an easy fix but not one of the first things that anybody thinks about. Sure hope that as the weather improves and Spring approaches, Jameson, like the plants will bloom and grow.

Love from YAF and TK

Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes - Good vibes !

it doesn't seem to be allergy, so that's good. yeah, i have 4 freezers (mine, mama's, grandmama's, a friend's) with breastmilk stashed since i've been freezing for 2 months while he wasn't eating.

his incision wasn't getting better, and had a really red puffy area...then, saturday, bam! some pus-type stuff started coming out from around his stoma (the end of his intestine that's poking out his skin and will be fixed back in 6 or so weeks) and yesterday, bam! the incision looked SO much better. seems an abcess popped.

i'm starting to think that he's turned the corner. he's been hanging around 6lb for a week or two, which means to me that he's losing fluid & gaining real weight in its place. he's 17 1/2 inches long, so he's real baby size. he'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, or a week before his due date. he's still got some stuff to conquer before we can think of him coming home - he's still on the vent, still not getting food through his tummy by tube, still needs to learn to suck - but i'm feeling much better.

i bought him a car seat friday. :D

Way to go Marci, glad to hear things are looking good!

Good that gives you time to practice with the carseat, one of the most irritating inventions ya gotta have, WAY TO GO BABY DUCKIE!

Good news indeed! Good to hear. Maybe he will be going home soon!

Yay! :multi:

You sound like every parent I know, BabyDuck - discussing pus and poop and all manner of gross stuff with aplomb.

I'm keeping the prayers rolling girl.

Back
Top Bottom