Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx for keeping us in the loop, Marci. Positive thoughts being sent ASAP. :)

the echo showed the pda, so he's gonna have the ligation this week, most likely friday around noon. i'm not working fri - i've already told them - so i'll be at the hosp in the waiting room with a book and some knitting or something. maybe i'll learn to knit more than squares/rectangles.

he's lost a bit of fluid, which is great - now 3 1/2 lbs. still really really cute!

BabyDuck:
the echo showed the pda, so he's gonna have the ligation this week, most likely friday around noon. i'm not working fri - i've already told them - so i'll be at the hosp in the waiting room with a book and some knitting or something. maybe i'll learn to knit more than squares/rectangles.

he's lost a bit of fluid, which is great - now 3 1/2 lbs. still really really cute!

Very cute. Hey I can knit a very long row, lol. That is about it though :wink: So you are way ahead of me :)

My thoughts will be with you.

BabyDuck:
still really really cute!

well, of course!

he's related to you

:wink:

the wait is always shorter than it seems....Hope it passes quickly for you! Best of luck for Jameson!

Good wishes going your way Marci! I am sure Jameson will do fine!

Loads of positive vibes coming your way! HUGS!
Ber :lilbunny:

Best wishes for today - go Jameson!

he's doing fine, guys!

he did well. his pda was evidently very large - they had to get bigger clips than the ones they had picked out at first - but the surgery itself was routine. he only lost about 1cc of blood, no difficulties.

but now, after, he's got that extra fluid to deal with. he's peeing some off, had a 51cc diaper, but some is in his lungs making his ventilation harder even than it was. they told us this would happen. it's possible he'll even go back on the oscillator for a day or so, if the pressure he's needing goes up much more. which is no real big deal, but i hope not anyway since i can't hold him then.

he might got a little more blood last night. the iv nutrition had to be toned down, since his picc line isn't central anymore - he's grown so much that it's basically a regular iv instead of being in a big blood vessel near his heart! so they'll either have to put a new one in tomorrow or start feeding him again soon to keep his nutrition up.

he weighed 4lbs, but some of course is fluid.

so he did great through the procedure, but the next 2 or so days will be a bit tougher. then, hopefully, much smoother sailing! he was moving around a bit, and peeped at me, though he's getting some good pain medicine.

thanks for caring, everyone.

:wave-smil

:bananalama:

GO JAMESON!!!!!​

So happy to hear! You sound grounded and wonderful as well. I am impressed w/ your strength to "keep it together" through this. You are going to need a break after all this. :) What a great mom you are. Keep it up :yelclap:

Again, thank you so much for keeping us updated on your lil one. :hugs: to him and you.

-Miss

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom