January 9, 2011 - GUE/Halcyon/Brownie's Third Lung Demo Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Errol Kalayci

Contributor
Reaction score
GUE, Halcyon and Brownie Third Lung Demo Day
• Ever wonder what Global Underwater Explorer’s (GUE) is about?
• Ever want to check out or try a Halcyon back plate, wing, regulator setup, doubles or single set up, DPV, Primary or Scout light?
• Ever wanted to try a Brownie’s Third Lung Hookah? Did you know they can now be solely battery powered?
• Tired of circling around and bobbing up and down or not going anywhere?
• Wish you had better dive skills to photograph your subject, be a better team mate to your buddy or just be able to have more fun underwater?
If you answered yes to any of this, what do you have to lose by attending this free event? We will even feed you. Come out listen, ask questions, and try things out. Take away what you like; leave behind what you do not.
When: Sunday January 9, 2011
Where: Blue Heron Bridge
Time:
o 10:00 equipment presentations
o 11:00 in water demonstrations and personnel to work on skills
o Video shooting and review of your skills is available
o Equipment available for use anytime during event (need driver’s license or ID)
o Video loops about GUE, skills, etc. continuous play
o Grill/Picnic 12:30 to 2:30 pm
Regards,
Errol Kalayci
Technical Diving Solutions
For more info email errol@tdsdivers.com or call (954) 649-9186 cell

Hello everyone,
Just a reminder that this weekend is the demo day at Blue Heron Bridge on Singer Island, Florida. It is certain to be a lot of fun with some nice equipment to try and some give aways. Starts at 10 am. If you want to demo gear, please make sure to bring a c card, drivers' license and your personal items (exposure suit, mask, booties, etc.) and a tank would be nice though we will have some for use and the new battery operated Brownie's Third Lung "Tooka" (hooka) system to try as well.
See you then,
Errol Kalayci

Sounds like a great day planned. Are the new Halcyon DPV's going to make an appearance?

not enough weight to counterbalance all the torque on those scooters. not a huge fan
They're a blast for short range, but after about 15 minutes my hand was not liking it. I'd take one over a Gavin any day if I was ocean diving often....I would take a Gavin over the H scoot for cave diving any day, too.

Just my $0.02.

I have used the Halcyon scooters for almost 6 hours run time in a day, yes I had to switch scooters, but did not find it to be hard on the hand. Wonder if the one you used had a balance issue? I had 3 Gavins before I switched to Halcyons. Gavins are great for the long range cave diving and I hope to get back to that again soon. About to add another Halycon 16 to my collection and will probably be adding magnum gavin scooters back to the collection in the near future again, yikes!
Errol

Errol, GUE, Halcyon and Brownies hosted an extremely well organized event today including many South Florida diving luminaries. Next time the event is held I would strongly recommend attending. :thumb:

How was the turnout?

I have used the Halcyon scooters for almost 6 hours run time in a day, yes I had to switch scooters, but did not find it to be hard on the hand. Wonder if the one you used had a balance issue? I had 3 Gavins before I switched to Halcyons. Gavins are great for the long range cave diving and I hope to get back to that again soon. About to add another Halycon 16 to my collection and will probably be adding magnum gavin scooters back to the collection in the near future again, yikes!
Errol

when you hit the trigger it seems to want to rotate too much to the left instead of riding up around 12-1 o'clock. it's not as fast as our standard gavins and my friend's new t16 only burntested for 60 minutes. i thought they were supposed to do closer to 120 like the 35AH gavins?

a fun scooter to ride but had a few drawbacks for sure. especially given the price. the best part about them is carrying them to and from the water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom