January 9, 2011 - GUE/Halcyon/Brownie's Third Lung Demo Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's noticeable. even when I switched from my gavin to the t16 i was slower. but it still could've been the diver :p

I'm going to bring a UV26 next time I dive with the buddy who has a T16 and let him drive that. I bet he's like OMG THAT'S FAST! :)

If I could just remember where I set the UV26 nose cone....I know I set it somewhere I wouldn't forget it :(

perhaps it was squished flat and that's why you can't find it? those nose cones seem to be made of silly putty

UCFDIVER, The reason for the difference in burn time vs real time is that because the batteries with 12.5 amps are being tested with a 16 amp tester and therefore the higher load shortens the burn time. If you have a 12.5 amp tester this would not apply. However, make sure you understand the risks of testing these batteries as described above. Hope this clears it up. PS. I have nothing against Gavins (quite the opposite really) as I have had several and dove with, and have been friends with George for about 20 years. PfcAJ the Gavins are sometimes purposely different speeds as the ones George made for me, he said, were always the fastest version so I could fly when I dove with him. Divers experience and ability affect speed greatly of course as well and video can help identify if you are going slower the possible cause if not mechanical. Often times it is caused by someone releasing the trigger repeatedly rather than keeping the hammer down and staying smooth.. or having legs too wide or too high, too low, etc.
Errol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom