JAX Mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey folks, Greg has some incorrect information. SeaCure's patent has not expired and will not for some time yet. Jax is not allowed to sell in the U.S. and if they do, can be prosecuted for breaking SeaCure's patent.

Thanks for the clarification. It appears that my source of information was incorrect.

Greg

SeaCure thank you for the reply. I have seen your mouthpieces and will probably get one soon. The reason I asked who made the first one is because as I have read in this post that jax sells them in Europe and you all sell them here, why the discrepancy?

SeaCure thank you for the reply. I have seen your mouthpieces and will probably get one soon. The reason I asked who made the first one is because as I have read in this post that jax sells them in Europe and you all sell them here, why the discrepancy?
We actually sell SeaCure in many parts of the world, including Europe. Although we have the patent, we are unable financially to stop competitors from selling their product anywhere except in the U.S. A custom moldable mouthpiece will always be more comfortable than a standard one, however, be aware that there are differences between SeaCure and Jax. We, of course, think that our SeaCure is the better product. We hope that you try it and love it, as we hear from so many of our customers.

Wow man that's a shame (not being able to stop them). Next time I am in a lds with seacure I think I will give it a try!

I am all for competition. Mouldable mouthpieces are hardly rocket-science, mouth guard companies have been selling these types of devices for years.

Using patents to block competitors in this manner is a shame.

Just my $0.02.

Using patents to block competitors in this manner is a shame.

I agree with you on that. Funny thing is that copyrights and patents were first developed to encourage creativity, but in practice it limits progression. But I digress... [/offtopic]

Since a Seacure mouthpiece will not work on many rebreathers, will a Jax work on them?

Many rebreathers have a very large fitting area for the mouthpiece. I have no problem going outside the US to get something that works.

Back
Top Bottom