JC Morrison tomorrow (May 30/04)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone from the Guelph/Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo area interested in diving the JC Morrison in Barrie tomorrow?
For that matter anyone is welcome :wink:
Any information about current conditions?
Oren

StingRob, UWHooligan and I will be at JC Morrison in Barrie tomorrow morning at 1030ish. Its just a small wreck and not a quarry so I hope we're talking about the same place. If you like you can meet us in the parking lot at Centennial park at that time... likely just a one tank dive.
UWHooligan and I went about 2 weeks ago and the water temps were around 43F...

boney:
StingRob, UWHooligan and I will be at JC Morrison in Barrie tomorrow morning at 1030ish. Its just a small wreck and not a quarry so I hope we're talking about the same place. If you like you can meet us in the parking lot at Centennial park at that time... likely just a one tank dive.
UWHooligan and I went about 2 weeks ago and the water temps were around 43F...
I've never personally dove there, just moved to guelph.
I thought it was a quarry in Barrie, called JC Morrison. A wreck is even better :D
I'll try to arrange that we'll be there on time.
See you there.
Oren

boney:
Cool... Scuba2000 has a map on their site. Below is the link...

http://www.scuba2000.com/pdf_forms/morrison.pdf

Not sure if I will be driving but if I do I will be in a black VW Jetta or if my buddy drives we will be in a silver VW Golf...
Hopefully we'll see you there...
Already printed but thanks for the info.
I did a small search meanwhile so I will not appear as a complete idiot when arriving :wink:
I don't know exactly if I will find someone to come along from my area but if I will be driving my car we'll be able to make a small VW club meeting since I'm driving a green Golf :D

Sorry, I'll be driving a white Dodge Caravan

Such understatement. :wink: It was 41F and he dove wet, thought someone said it had warmed up. :eyebrow: However, I did enjoy the dive. Vis was better than I thought it might be (could see all of the paddlewheel at once, been there when I couldn't see halfway across it. Shot some video which also is better than I thought it might be. I'm starting to think the camcorder sees better than I do.

What type of computer do you have? My gauge read 45F - could have dipped as low as 43F... either way it was still cold :)

Although no alive fish... kinda disappointing - but I guess the fisherman were more so... :wink: unless they took them all ?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom