Jepuskar diet strategies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Salad with low fat dressing, soups, fruits, veggies, healthy cereal with skim milk, water

Stay away from the garbage: soft drinks, fast food, chips, booze, un-healthy snacks.

Get your arse on a treadmill for 30-40 minutes, atleast 4 times a week, and dont be lame about it...push yourself.** Lift weights atleast 3 times a week.

Get on the treadmill when you're hungry, don't eat alot before bed, in fact...do something that gets your heart rate up right before bed. :blinking:

Treat yourself to something unhealthy once in awhile...just keep the portions smaller.

Don't do all of this for a week, try it for a month...consistently just for a month without cheating on the weekends.

**Do I really need to explain the importance of checking with a dr before starting any exercise program??

I don't believe in any of the gimmick diet strategies out there, nor do I believe in popping diet pills...it is a very simple concept..eat right, get your body moving, change your lifestyle.

Motivate.

you trying to lose some weight?

"do something that gets your heart rate up right before bed. "

Guess you need to head over to the singles forum eh?

personally i feel low fat = high sugar

but alot of good points there Jep!

thanks

Can I suggest swimming? Trying extended, endurance swimming without stopping? There is a great link somewhere on SB to a program that will eventually enable you to swim 1.5km non-stop.

That's a good idea, except I'm not a swimmer...lol. It's not a pretty site. Something I think I should remedy one of these days, but its a little embarrassing.

Mikey poo..long time no type.. I've actually lost about 8lbs in less than a month doing the above..and that was without the treadmill until the last 2 weeks. I kind of got a little freaked out from some test results (no, not a STD) so that was my motivation for all of the above..not to mention being in better shape for some more Scuba training in the spring.

No gimmicks, not really alot of research involved, just read a few quick articles on fat burning so I could understand what needed to happen and then well..just started doing it.

Nah, I'm staying away from the singles forum...I got something I know will always be there for me when I need it...LOL.

i had a great weight loss strategy last month, got dengue fever and dropped about 7kg. worked a charm! haha

Ya, long time no type, i have been shy lately.. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom