Jerusalem to the Red Sea... Eliat? Dahab? Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I, and a couple other diving friends are going to be in Jerusalem over Chinese New Year 2019 (first week in February).

We tend to have to plan things out months in advance, but we are wondering what the best way and best locations to choose are for what will be likely no more than 4 days (round trip from Jerusalem to our destination and back).

My understanding is just to take a bus or taxi to Eliat direct, or go to Taba and cross there to go to Dahab/Sharm by taxi? Is that right? how long is the ride?

Also, we like coral just fine, but I love diving wrecks, and it appears our time will be limited for much boat diving unless there are some recommendations.

Would it be better to go all the way to Sharm the 1st day, dive Sharm day 2, then go up to Dahab Day 3 in the morning, catch a mid-morning dive, then a couple afternoon dives, and Day 4, early dive and the back to Jerusalem?

Any thoughts?

Would it be better to go all the way to Sharm the 1st day, dive Sharm day 2, then go up to Dahab Day 3 in the morning, catch a mid-morning dive, then a couple afternoon dives, and Day 4, early dive and the back to Jerusalem?

Any thoughts?

my thought is that you'll be dead tired... ;-)

if you have only 4 days, try to go directly to Sharm (day 1), dive (day 2 + 3) and go back, eventually visiting St Catherine (day 4)

long trip in only 4 days....

my thought is that you'll be dead tired... ;-)

if you have only 4 days, try to go directly to Sharm (day 1), dive (day 2 + 3) and go back, eventually visiting St Catherine (day 4)

long trip in only 4 days....

Ha! I’m from the west, 2 hours is a Sunday drive, 4 a short trip, so it’ll be a haul to get to Sharm, but bouncing back up the coast will be a day trip

I travelled from Jerusalem to Dahab and back in June. I flew to Eilat, crossed the border at Taba and then it is two hour drive from the border to Dahab. I don't think I would bother for two days diving (as much as I enjoyed Dahab). I'd probably just head down to Eilat, but you'd need to get the bus back to deal with the '24 hour no fly after diving' thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom