Jet Blue to Curacao and Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Jet Blue recently began service NYC to Curacao. I for one would like JB to serve Bonaire as well. Jet Blue has a secondary hub in Ft Lauderdale, FL and I hope for service Ft Lauderdale to Bonaire or Curacao.

I mention this as Jet Blue has a place on their website where we can request future routes. So, should you desire additional air service to the area; request it on JB's website. I have done so!

I am all in. JB from NYC to CUR $300-$400 vs United $600-$800 to Bon, a big difference for us. Even if JB added Bon from FLL that would still likely work well for us. Make your new route suggestion now on the JB website.

Last edited:
Cant beat JB...for now!

$75.00 JFK-DAB one way earlier this month! On any other airline, it was 700 RT!

This year four of us traveled on JB from JFK to Cur for travel 12-31-16 to 1-5-17 for $423 per and that included a checked bag each. Just went on United for roughly the same time period next year 12-30-17 to 1-6-18 to BON. $2,336 for one ticket and checked bag would be extra. Common, JB. You could clean up on the route to BON. These outrageous fares have to impact travel to BON. How do we justify a trip with four of us back to BON when we can travel for so much less to CUR.

Last edited:
Since we'll never fly United again after multiple canceled flights & ridiculous reroutes trying to get to Bonaire (not to mention the recent scandals) - we always fly Delta from Atlanta, even if it costs a bit more. I like Delta fine, but would welcome more competition & options on this route, as we always get stuck with crazy flight times on Delta. I've sent the feedback to Jet Blue.

Since we'll never fly United again after multiple canceled flights & ridiculous reroutes trying to get to Bonaire (not to mention the recent scandals) - we always fly Delta from Atlanta, even if it costs a bit more. I like Delta fine, but would welcome more competition & options on this route, as we always get stuck with crazy flight times on Delta. I've sent the feedback to Jet Blue.

Back when Insel was offering it, did you have a chance to try CLT-BON? When they inaugurated that route, we drove up to CLT just to take advantage of it. I don't mind driving a few hours to save hundreds of dollars. Yeah, I know Insel was unreliable, but Delta's fares for ATL-BON originating in ATL are always around $850.

Back when Insel was offering it, did you have a chance to try CLT-BON? When they inaugurated that route, we drove up to CLT just to take advantage of it. I don't mind driving a few hours to save hundreds of dollars. Yeah, I know Insel was unreliable, but Delta's fares for ATL-BON originating in ATL are always around $850.
Nope, we never did the Insel offering. We did, however, fly Tiara Air to Bonaire once and it was the most God-awful air travel experience of my life. The entire thing turned me off regional carriers. I just watch the Delta prices now since there's no way in hell I'm ever going with United again, I normally snag our flights between $600-$800. I'm eyeballing one now for under $600!

Nope, we never did the Insel offering. We did, however, fly Tiara Air to Bonaire once and it was the most God-awful air travel experience of my life. The entire thing turned me off regional carriers. I just watch the Delta prices now since there's no way in hell I'm ever going with United again, I normally snag our flights between $600-$800. I'm eyeballing one now for under $600!

Under $600 r/t from CLT? Between my wife and me, that would save us $500--almost worth driving from ATL to CLT for. It's possible the same fare is available from BHM, which is "only" a 2-hour drive from ATL. But for a flight originating in ATL, nope, good ol' Delta never wavers from their $850 or so for the privilege of living in their hub city.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom