Jetstream mouthpiece replacements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RK05

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Poseidon,

I just purchased a new Jetstream 1st and 2nd stage and was extremely dissappointed to find that my current Seacure mouthpiece would not fit the Jetstream and that Poseidon and Seacure do not have any combination that will work. That being discovered, I am now hunting for a replacement mouthpiece for the Jetstream that is either a) moldable like the Seacure or b) larger and easier to hold on to similar to the comfo-bite mouthpieces. I was unable to find out if the comfo-bite would fit the Jetstream so I am hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I love the Jetstream but have to admit that the mouthpiece is becoming an issue.

In addition, I was told you manufacture a nice ball swivel that can be purchased but I have been unable to find it on your website.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

RK05

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your post.

The mouthpiece on a second stage is probably one of the most difficult part to design/make, as each person has their own personal preferences when it comes to what a mouthpiece should feel like.

I'm sorry, but the only "third party" mouthpieces that I've heard of, are the ones you have described, but I'm pretty sure that you will get more helpfull information from other visitors to this forum.

About the ball swivel, I think that the one you are refering to is not manufactured by Poseidon, but by a third party company. I think they are called "omniswivel".

Take care and enjoy your Jetstream.

I don't have a jetstream but i have a x-stream i don't know if they have the same measures!
But i managed to fit a seacure, they come in different sizes but still dont fit! May buy the biggest size and heat the mouth piece before trying to attach it! hope that helped anyhow!

Hey Binobanana,

Thanks for the response! I ended up doing the same thing, although both Seacure and Poseidon say not to... It makes a world of difference, oh and if poseidon takes a look at this post, yes, I would have sold my poseidon and gone back to my hollis if I was nto able to make this work. The mouthpiece makes that much of a difference in your dive experience, take a hint and either make your own or get seacure to make one!!

RK05

I don't have a jetstream but i have a x-stream i don't know if they have the same measures!
But i managed to fit a seacure, they come in different sizes but still dont fit! May buy the biggest size and heat the mouth piece before trying to attach it! hope that helped anyhow!

Greetings,
Do you mean seacure fits your xstream? If yes, what size? Or how did you modify it to fit? Thanks

I put a Scubapro mouthpiece on my Jetstream, I just heated it in a pan of water and stretched the mouthpiece.
The Poseidon mouthpiece is pretty soft, almost too soft.

-Mitch

Back
Top Bottom