jetstream reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
just wondering,

can u use jetstream for technical diving such as with nitrox n trimix or other mixtures?

can u adjust the flow of the air as u dive deeper?

thx

They are not adjustable and they get used with nitrox and trimix a lot.

With the exception of 30/30 and similar shallow water oddities, most helium mixes used in diving are normoxic (21%) or hypoxic (less than 21%) so O2 clean is not really an issue.

Larry

I don't think Poseidon certifies any reg for Nitrox except for one of the Xtream models. However, I'd use a Poseidon (or any other brand of reg, for that matter) for Nitrox up to 40% without worrying about any catastrophic events occurring.

I fully expect to get raked over the coals for this, but the fact is, mixtures up to 40% are not O2-concentrated enough to cause any problems with regulators.

I don't think Poseidon certifies any reg for Nitrox except for one of the Xtream models. However, I'd use a Poseidon (or any other brand of reg, for that matter) for Nitrox up to 40% without worrying about any catastrophic events occurring.

I have been told by people who know much more about this than I, that virtually any "modern" reg. can be used for Nitrox up to EAN40 without problem or any special treatment.

To my knowledge the only reg. that Poseidon certifies for more than 21% oxygen is the Duration, which is certified up to 99.95%. I understand that the lack of a EAN40 certification for their other regs. has to do with European standards, of which I am not familiar.

Maybe some one else can explain why they're not all EAN40 certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom