Jew Fish Shooting on Thunderbolt Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concerned Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On July 26th myself and my girlfriend were diving the Thunderbolt, when we witnessed a diver shoot the baby Goliath Grouper (Jew Fish), and then stab it 3-4 times with his knife, and leave it behind. I couldnt do anything to the diver (cut his HP hose, drop his weights) to teach him a lesson as his 3 buddies were watching with loaded spear guns. By the time we got back to our boat, they had sped off.
What the hell is wrong with people these days???? Cant you just enjoy the wreck, shoot what your allowed to, and leave. These people clearly had no life, and no care about the ocean.

Wow, that sucks!

Unfortunatly, like I said in my first post, they had left before we get back on our boat. My GF works for the FWC, we would have had them reported very fast if they had been around. This is just another case of misfortune for Florida Keys marine life. I dive everday of the year here, and I know idiots do this stuff all the time, but to actually see it happen, and not even take the dead fish to eat is mind blowing. If your gonna be stupid and break the law, at least benefit from it.

That's a real shame. I am sorry to hear that people are so inconsiderate (although, sadly, it is not much of a surprise anymore).

Oh my how awful and sad! Why would someone do that? We were just there over July 4th. Lots of big fish...we may have even seen that one. We got a huge snapper about 35-40 pounds. Any real spearfisherman would try to stone a fish not mutilate it. :shakehead:

What a shame... this just makes me sad. I'll never understand how some people seem to get off killing for the sake of killing. I think I"ll avoid these kinds of posts in the future, I get too emotional about stuff like this. Shame on the diver and his buddies.

unfortunatly we had racked up some deco and couldnt get up quick enough. One guy with a knife and his GF next to him cant do much with 4 guys with spear guns. It was extremly sad, kinda like watching a friend through a window being murdered cause you cant get out to help them.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom