Jimmy Buffett

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booga_roo

Reaction score
Will some one please put me out of my misery and tell me who this person is as I have come across his name about 5 times in the last 3 days!!!

Booga

He is a singer song writer that writes and sings about coastal living and sailing and the Islands.

Ever heard of the songs "Margarittaville" or "Cheeseburger in Paradise". These are a couple of his songs, but he has alot because he has been at it over 30 years.

He has a loyal following of fans (of which I am one) called Parrotheads. People go to his concerts dressed as parrots, hula dancers, etc.

Hope this helps. Do an internet search, I bet you find alot of sites about him.

Chad

Boog,
He's our answer to Shakin' Stevens. No, he actually does live on a boat just like the songs imply.

A quick search turned up 34,300 sites.

Since you have been living in the closet or are obviously very young. Go to any one of the sights and check him out.

Long live parrotheads!

"Oh yesterdays are over my shoulder,
So I can't look back for to long,
There's just too much to see,
Waiting in front of me,
And I know that I just can't go wrong................."

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

Jimmy is also an author. He has three books, Tales from Margaritaville, Where is Joe Merchant, and the best one A Pirate Looks at Fifty which is sort of a biography in pieces while celebrating his 50th birthday.

chuckrt

Parrot Heads comes from the bar that Jimmy Buffet hung out at in Key West, "The Green Parrot". I am originally from Key West and I lived there during his day of producing such songs as those mentioned above. I also, use to go swimming at a small rocky beach close to his house. He no longer has this house he has sold it. My family tell me that he has bought land and lives there now. My husband and brother in law knew him when we lived in Key West, and I have never heard that he lived on a boat. Prehaps sometime before he owned his house there or after we moved.

I went to "The Green Parrot" while I was in Key West. There was a lot of weird stuff in there. They even had a cheeseburger pillow, in the shape of a cheeburger....go figure.

He has co-authored two children's books with one of his daughters, The Jolly Mon, and The Trouble Dolls.

I go to see him in concert every year. One year I saw him 3 times! It was great. And I usually see a lot of divers I know at his concerts as well. One of my fav boats to dive from always plays Buffett songs while we are out.

I hear that he lived on a boat out around the Coconut Grove Marina in Miami before he was famous. Kinda one of those floating shacks they got there.

Also don't forget, besides being a writer, a singer, and guitar player, he is also a pilot and has restored some very nice old sea-planes. And he also does good for charity and the manatees.

Check out the website www.margaritaville.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom