JJ - Finding an alternate mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the comfobites. They come in 2 sizes, normal and small. The small works better for me on my RBs, and I get a lot less water in my cannester (SF2) and counterlungs + cannester (XCCR n FLEX).
Tried the mouldable JAX mouthpieces and didn't like them at all, while molding them it's too easy to bite hard enough that airflow is really limited.

Michael

I would like to order one of those Drager mouthpieces for my rEvo (Drager) DSV.

I found the website you mentioned.

Dräger Dolphin/Ray Mundstück | Online Shop | W+S Water Safety Europe GmbH | Seit 1999

Unfortunately, I don't speak German and the online purchasing process isn't working for me - I think because I don't really understand what I need to put in some of the fields (even using Google Translate).

Do you (or anyone else) know where I can order that mouthpiece? A website in English?

Hi Stuart,
I'm sitting in Germany and the the w+s water safety website says "...Produkt: Dolphin/Ray Mundstück. Dieser Artikel ist nicht (mehr) auf Lager und kann nicht bestellt werden..." in English: The mouthpiece is no longer in stock and can't be ordered. (it is written here in red text color). Sorry.

Yours - Sven

Hi Stuart,
I'm sitting in Germany and the the w+s water safety website says "...Produkt: Dolphin/Ray Mundstück. Dieser Artikel ist nicht (mehr) auf Lager und kann nicht bestellt werden..." in English: The mouthpiece is no longer in stock and can't be ordered. (it is written here in red text color). Sorry.

Yours - Sven

Thanks, Sven. I guess that solves that...

Hey Stu...

My computer will translate...and I speak a little German...

PM me...I'll give you my phone number...we'll converse on the phone...I'll have my computer on and walk you though an order...you may want to order up a set or two of the Drager DSV mushroom valves as well...your rEvo uses a Drager Ray DSV...

The folks at W S Water Safety are excellent...

Best...

Warren

Thanks for the offer, Warren. From what Sven said, I guess I'm just out of luck. :(

Thanks for the offer, Warren. From what Sven said, I guess I'm just out of luck. :(

Stu...

Not so...I just checked...the larder is full for both the Ray mouth-piece...and the Dolphin mouth-piece...which is the same part...

This is a critical part...it will continue to be available...I ordered two this past spring...W S standing stock has not changed...

Best...

Warren

@stuartv Have you tried contacting Draeger here in the US?

They have a good size operation here in S.E. PA. I don't know which product lines exactly, but Draeger corporate is now selling the Panorama Nova Dive Sport FFM through Amazon at pretty agressive pricing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCYRMLB, so maybe they are pushing into the US market.

@stuartv Have you tried contacting Draeger here in the US?

They have a good size operation here in S.E. PA. I don't know which product lines exactly, but Draeger corporate is now selling the Panorama Nova Dive Sport FFM through Amazon at pretty agressive pricing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCYRMLB, so maybe they are pushing into the US market.

I looked at the Drager USA web page. It was all about medical and safety. I didn't see a hint of anything related to watersports, so I didn't even reach out. My suspicion is they don't even have rebreather parts in their pricelist they get from the home office.

I emailed Water Safety about the mouthpiece. This is their response:

thank you for your email.

We don’t have the item in stock.

If you click on the item it got the 3 green squares but it tells you item not in stock.

The item is on the orderlist but I have no date of delivery.

Just come back to our website time by time and check if they are available.

41BE93A5-E9A2-4CEC-8BDC-582DE59B2109.jpeg
I don’t know if OSEL sell the mouthpieces they put on their ALVBOV, but it is the best one I’ve used. It has the biggest bore I’ve yet seen:

I have now ordered some of the Drager mouthpieces from Martin at TecMe.de. He has to get them from Drager, but should have them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, @W W Meixner, for making that connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom