JJ - Finding an alternate mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have now ordered some of the Drager mouthpieces from Martin at TecMe.de. He has to get them from Drager, but should have them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, @W W Meixner, for making that connection.

Fabulous...the best thing about Martin's operation is...he can custom fabricate just about anything...soft parts not with-standing...the best in the world for machining Delrin...

My most recent purchase from Martin is an in-loop Oxygen Monitoring Sensor house...gets the sensor away from the moisture trap at the bottom of the scrubber canister...where it is subject to short circuiting due to moisture as well as giving a PPO2 reading which is pre-make-up gas injection...giving an incorrect low reading...sensor access can also be gained without having to dis-assemble anything...

If/when Martin retires...the world wide rebreather community will be significantly changed...and not for the better...

Best...

Warren

Ray O2 Monitor Housing.jpg

I got email from Martin this morning. Very disappointing. Not disappointed in Martin. Disappointed in Drager.

"Hi Stuart

just called Dräger for my new order......, they told me no stock and will not come back , so end of life...sorry

You may surf around on various shops if they have old stock...

Greets

Martin"

So... does anybody know any place that has Drager Ray/Dolphin mouthpieces (non-headstrap version) in stock?

So... does anybody know any place that has Drager Ray/Dolphin mouthpieces (non-headstrap version) in stock?

Stuart...

Check Sub-Gravity...buy a Shrimp/Golem DSV...it's a special order...so you will have to wait a few weeks...order it with 40 mm loop fittings...will fit Drager Ray hoses...as well as Cooper Hoses...there is also a Divesoft DSV...order it with Cooper Hose fittings...will also fit Drager Ray loop hoses...Divesoft can be sourced from DGX...

More expensive but a good alternative...the fewer Drager parts your rEvo has the better...W S Water Safety has all that's left in Drager parts and the list is getting shorter each year...and in this case gone is gone for good...

I sold both of my Drager rebreathers this past week...both were new/new old stock...enjoyed them...but I'm gald they're gone...

Back to large cylinder open circuit...for as long as my diving lasts...have a nice package on its way up from DGX...

Tobermory in two weeks...

Best...

Warren

Stuart...

Check Sub-Gravity...buy a Shrimp/Golem DSV...it's a special order...so you will have to wait a few weeks...order it with 40 mm loop fittings...will fit Drager Ray hoses...as well as Cooper Hoses...there is also a Divesoft DSV...order it with Cooper Hose fittings...will also fit Drager Ray loop hoses...Divesoft can be sourced from DGX...

More expensive but a good alternative...the fewer Drager parts your rEvo has the better...W S Water Safety has all that's left in Drager parts and the list is getting shorter each year...and in this case gone is gone for good...

I sold both of my Drager rebreathers this past week...both were new/new old stock...enjoyed them...but I'm gald they're gone...

Back to large cylinder open circuit...for as long as my diving lasts...have a nice package on its way up from DGX...

Tobermory in two weeks...

Best...

Warren

Thanks. I am eyeing the forthcoming rEvo BOV. However, I'm on the fence about BOVs in general.

Also, hopefully, rEvo will come up with some other source for mouthpieces... I presume that the Drager mouthpiece with headstrap is also going to disappear, in which case rEvo will have HAVE to do something.

For now, worst case, I can just cut the headstrap off the rEvo mouthpiece I have. It's an expensive mouthpiece and I hate to cut the headstrap off, just for that reason. But, I guess that will still be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new DSV or BOV.

Draeger-rEvo stuff is NOT interchangeable with Cooper stuff.

full.jpg

You know I have absolutely no idea what's happening here, stuartv, welcome back by the way
anyway I noticed you were gone for a couple of weeks or something and I use comfobites like
they say Apeks or aqualung ones and sometimes if I can feel them first the cheap ones too, but
the soft really floppy ones like DGX offered are dangerous, but the rubber Draeger rEvo ones
I feel taste like dirt, you know the mouthpiece is superglued into the gag strap I just wonder if
there's a melting fluid that doesn't eat rubber, Poseidon and Omega II have big mouthpiece holes
and I also have tasty silicone mouthpieces big holes similar profile to the Draeger but no brands

Ah ha!!!

Regulator Mouthpiece Orifice Sizes
Generally there are four common 2nd stage regulator mouthpiece sizes:

Standard size orifice regulator mouthpiece
- size 1-1/8 inch x 1/2 inch (28.6 mm x 12.7 mm)
Fits: Apollo; Aqua Lung older metal regulators, Conshelf 7 through 21 – snug; Atomic manufactured pre 2005 only and newer T3; Beuchat Evolution, Iceberg and Nitrox, VXT8, VXT Octo, VX4, VX8; Cressi-Sub Ellipse is a 2, XS Compact is snug; Dacor after 1992; IST except Proline is an intermediate; Ocean Master; Pro Sub Avalon; Scubapro S600, S360, S560, R095 and all models before the A700; SEAC; Sherwood most early models – Brut, Shadow, MagnumII, pre 1992 Blizzard + Oasis; Spare Air; Subgear R series and Cayman; Tabata/Tusa not TUSA Imprix.

Intermediate size orifice regulator mouthpiece
- size 1-3/16 inch x 5/8 inch (30.2 mm x 15.9 mm)
Fits: Aeris; Aqua Lung newer, including Titan, Legend, Kronos and Mikron; Atomic pre 2005 use a Standard, newer, larger orifice an Intermediate, if not sure, measure or try on; Beuchat VS3, VS4, VS8, VX10; Dacor Viper + Eagle; Dive Rite including O2ptima rebreather, but not the Jet Stream 4500; Edge HOG + EPIC; Forte; Genesis; Halcyon Rebreather + Regulators; Hollis except 500SE is a Large; Mares (not MARES MR-12-II, III, IV or V); Ocean Edge; Ocean Reef; Oceanic cannot fit Alpha 9 or Omega 3; Odyssey; Scuba Max; Scubapro models after 2010, including A700, C series, G260, R195 and S620TI; Sea Elite; Sherwood Maximus, 1992 and newer Blizzard + Oasis, SR1; SPORASUB; SUBGEAR SG50, SG30, SG10, Aruba and Bonaire, Tigullio, Tilos; XS SCUBA (previously IDI, Osprey is a standard).

Large size orifice regulator mouthpiece
- size 1-5/16 inch x 11/16 inch (33.3 mm x 17.5 mm)
Fits: Apeks; Dive Perfect; Hollis 500SE; and Zeagle 2nd stage regulators. Plus many rebreathers, including Golem Shrimp BOV; Hollis Prism+Explorer; ISC Megladon; Kiss Gem; Poseidon (snug fit); and Titan.

a mouthpiece hunting I go, a mouthpiece hunting I go, hi ho the derry-o a mouthpiece hunting I go
Thanks to Lloyd Borrett drunk messager from the Scuba Doctor Rye Melbourne Australia
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I've been using this on a DSV this year similar size to Draeger with good happiness
even though I'm a comfobite guy

Thanks. I am eyeing the forthcoming rEvo BOV. However, I'm on the fence about BOVs in general.

Also, hopefully, rEvo will come up with some other source for mouthpieces... I presume that the Drager mouthpiece with headstrap is also going to disappear, in which case rEvo will have HAVE to do something.

For now, worst case, I can just cut the headstrap off the rEvo mouthpiece I have. It's an expensive mouthpiece and I hate to cut the headstrap off, just for that reason. But, I guess that will still be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new DSV or BOV.

Hi Stuart,
my rEvo mouthpiece consists of two parts: the silicone bitepiece with lipshield is one part and the headstrap is the other part. I can simply remove (and reattach) the headstrap without cutting anything. I guess the bitepiece is article R528 silicone bytepiece with lipshield on the rEvo price list.

-Sven-

Thanks, @happy-diver. :) I agree that the rEvo mouthpiece tastes like dirt. Or something. Blech.

Thanks, @-Sven-. What you said finally clued me in. I had thought all this time that the head strap was not able to be removed without just cutting it off. I finally figured out how to remove it. Yay!

I'd still like to get a mouthpiece that fits and doesn't have the lip shield and headstrap attachment points sticking out. But, now that I can use it without the headstrap, I am much happier.

Thanks, @happy-diver. :) I agree that the rEvo mouthpiece tastes like dirt. Or something. Blech.

Thanks, @-Sven-. What you said finally clued me in. I had thought all this time that the head strap was not able to be removed without just cutting it off. I finally figured out how to remove it. Yay!

I'd still like to get a mouthpiece that fits and doesn't have the lip shield and headstrap attachment points sticking out. But, now that I can use it without the headstrap, I am much happier.

Hi Stuart,
I removed the original mouthpiece and replaced it with an Apeks comfobite, looks identical to an Aqualung comfobite. It fits very tight on the bore but it‘s possible.

Diving is diving, you put stuff on you put your reg in and off you go

Here is the path to happiness man stretch them on and your quest is fulfilled
I guarantee that unless you chew them off they won't jump off by themselves
and they will seal nice and if I could get there faster I would bring them myself

Long-Bite Mouthpiece | Dive Gear Express®

Aqua Lung Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece | Dive Gear Express®

Poseidon Mouthpiece | Dive Gear Express®

and far more comfy and tasty than the originals

go exploring buy them all

Because you're worth it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom