Joining files in cobalt logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Idaholion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I apologize for bringing up questions that are surely in the forum somewhere, but having just searched the various forums for the last hour and not finding comments newer than about a year ago, I decided just to bite the bullet and wade in. I recently got in to diving, and among other things bought cobalt 2 dive computers for myself and my family. 1 was in stock, the other 2 are back ordered. We just finished our first open water dives, and part way through the set of dives, I changed the name on my computer from "ATOMIC" to my name. so, now in the logbook software, it has my dives broken up in 2 files, one under atomic, one under my name. Is there any way to join the files together so they are all on one list, rather than broken in 2 lists? On a related subject, my wife is using a loner cobalt 1 while we are waiting for her Cobalt 2 to arrive. Is it possible to join her files into one list after she gets her computer, in spite of the fact that her Cobalt 2 will have a different serial number than the one she is currently using?

Now to really get things flaming, where is the best spot on the forums to find a reasonable discussion comparing the different log programs? I have an iphone, and use a windows desktop, so it has to be cross platform friendly. I was looking at divinglog.de, it has both platforms supported, but a little pricey. Anywhere on the forums where a fairly recent discussion can be found?
Update, I found the forums on log programs. Was looking in the wrong section.
Thank you for your help

Last edited:
I don't think there is a way to combine the dive logs with different names in the Atomic Windows program, but I suspect that third party applications would allow this, or let you rename the diver. For Windows desktop the two best options are probably Diving Log 6.0 and SubSurface, which is open source and cross platform.

Here is a rundown on applications that support direct download from the Cobalt:

For Windows: Diving Log 6, Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log

SubSurface, an open source, free, multi platform (Mac, Windows, Linux) dive logging package: http://subsurface-divelog.org

MacDive a low cost full featured dive log program that handles many computers, and can also connect to an iOS version: http://www.mac-dive.com

Dive Log DT, another low cost and full featured logging program with multiple computer support and an interface to iOS devices through their free Dive Log application. http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_Log_Manager.html

Hope you enjoy your computers, and diving!

Ron

Now to really get things flaming, where is the best spot on the forums to find a reasonable discussion comparing the different log programs? I have an iphone, and use a windows desktop, so it has to be cross platform friendly. I was looking at divinglog.de, it has both platforms supported, but a little pricey. Anywhere on the forums where a fairly recent discussion can be found?
Update, I found the forums on log programs. Was looking in the wrong section.
Thank you for your help

I have been using divinglog.de for just over 5 years. IMO it is the best software hands down. I then purchased the Cobalt 2 shortly after it was released and have not had any issues. Compared to the Price of the Cobalt, the Divinglog software is cheap. I purchased 1 Desktop copy, and 3 Phone and 2 Windows 10 App version. My family can seamlessly synchronize our Log books over everything. Take the Version out for a test drive and see what you think.

As for the Cobalt Software, It display the data Nicely, outside of that it has zero function. The same can be said from other vendor software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom