Joining the Kentucky Piranha Patrol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pennyroyal IS on the to-do list this summer, warming up? This next week looks
like a decent forcast considering what we have been through here lately.

The ponds here in Shelby county are starting to melt but; we are aways off from
diving weather, unless your into ice diving! Maybe John will have an update here
on Falling Rock. I don't know about you'all but I'm ready to get back to the Global
Warming Business! Get out there and drive them SUV's and Hummer's!!!

hello,
Has anyone been down to vortex springs in florida? I am looking for some feedback about the place. I am off the week of 3/12 and looking to do some diving. I plan on going solo because my dive buddy is unavaliable. My question is will I have a problem finding someone down their to dive with? I havnt been so I dont know if the place will be a ghosttown or not. I know it is close to the gulf and if all else fails I can get on a charter but trying to make this a cheap, first time this year, get the bugs out, oh I forgot how to do that, kind of a trip. Since I am asking anyone been on a trip by themselves to go diving and picked up a buddy when you get down there? I have this trouble all the time and I know many of us do, we have time to dive and want to go but dont have a buddy with the time. Anyone have the name of a charter that they recommend for people like me?
Thanks,
Shawn

Hey Shawn,

I just got back from Paradise Dive shop getting in some pool time with JP.

Glenn said they had a couple of Vortex trips this next month, I did not get the dates.

Give them a call at, 423-7055. Hopefully you can hookup with them!

Vortex is usually a pretty busy place with dive shops doing check outdives in the
basin. Last time I was there I was shocked that there was only a handfull of
divers, this was just after 9-11 and I think all sites were ghost towns then.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=179855

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=179694

Is paradise diver a PADI training facility? I was trying to figure out how many different agencies we have in this city? I know that the place in new albany is PADI but looking for one his on this side of the river.
Thanks,
Shawn

Hey Shawn,

I think Paradise is SSI, jpsexton would know for sure.

I don't know of any PADI facilities local on this side of the river.
My PADI instructor was "independent," not tied to a dive shop.

Dean's Divers Den in Somerset is PADI if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom