Jonathan Bird Testimonial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DogBone, working on a great responce, forgot how we had to hand trim each pair of Force Fins. Polyurehtane is 6 times more abrasive resistance that steel, and is used in mining operations. Touch stuff, I liked to saw into a plastic fin and cut in half qickly..will make a video for you to show how tuff we are. Had to keep our trimming tool sharp with sandpaper. Ran the tool into my hand many times, trimming. 12 minutes to trim one pair. At the time we were moving 200 pairs each day out the door. That's 400 fins to trim. Many times Robert Flores and I had to come down from our shop and help the crew trim. I must have trimmed over 200,000 Force Fin parts. Anynew designs were mine to trim. This Trimming operation took real skill and many steps. I am warmed up on this subject...Passion to do the right job yourself if need be,
I had no idea, that's really cool to know... Does make me more interested in the product as a whole and helps give me perspective of the cost, thank you Bob.

Y
I had no idea, that's really cool to know... Does make me more interested in the product as a whole and helps give me perspective of the cost, thank you Bob.
You are welcome and I wore a mask for over 30 plus years and you have made my day DogBone. Woff Woff

Attachments

• scan-7-2018037-fw.png
    scan-7-2018037-fw.png
    523.4 KB · Views: 90
I can't tell if you're upset with me and being sarcastic, or if you're seriously just trying to help me understand why they cost so much...
Found the mixing head drawings and Kymofoam Polyuethane foam Processing Machine. Early 1980 . Runnng this mahine was like riding a wild horse or run away train....and Our Plant in Hermosa Beach, California. KYMO Machine. Another story..or so

Attachments

• kymofoam-machine005-fw.jpg
    kymofoam-machine005-fw.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 89
  • kymofoam-machine001-fw.jpg
    kymofoam-machine001-fw.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 80
  • forcefin-11.jpg
    forcefin-11.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 89
I have over a dozen of pairs of Force Fins in our collection. I have 3 sons that dive. I not only WILL NOT, but I CANNOT use any other fin due to two destroyed knees compliments of USMC. ONLY Force Fins PROPEL you through the water. I dive often without even using straps. There are not needed for the dive.

I had to stop diving altogether because of my knees until 2003 when I bought my first pair of Force Fins. It was a EUREKA moment!

Why? Because Force Fins actually PUSH onto your foot as you kick them!

Try that with ANY other fin!

I am a dive guide and have guided hundreds of dives. I (and my kids) will dive with nothing else!

I have over a dozen of pairs of Force Fins in our collection. I have 3 sons that dive. I not only WILL NOT, but I CANNOT use any other fin due to two destroyed knees compliments of USMC. ONLY Force Fins PROPEL you through the water. I dive often without even using straps. There are not needed for the dive.

I had to stop diving altogether because of my knees until 2003 when I bought my first pair of Force Fins. It was a EUREKA moment!

Why? Because Force Fins actually PUSH onto your foot as you kick them!

Try that with ANY other fin!

I am a dive guide and have guided hundreds of dives. I (and my kids) will dive with nothing else!
How could I ever put a cost on those comments ? Thank you Pal,,,2001 Susanne Chess and...

Attachments

• 2002-09-05forcefinteam-007-fw.jpg
    2002-09-05forcefinteam-007-fw.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 93
but why must they be soooooo expensive? just seems outrageous...I mean, I know there's a lot of science and what not going on there...but still....290 for a pair of fins?
Still working on a costing Blog, finding many good reasons to raise prices on each Force Fin product. Our Father Gordon B. Evans made Christmas cards each year with some $ inside. This drawing shows how Force Fin production drove me crazy. Now days Production runs like a Swiss clock in our Penn Plant. Leaking molds were sometimes a problem if not clamped correct. Force Fin

Attachments

• dad-draw001-fw.jpg
    dad-draw001-fw.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 91

Back
Top Bottom