Jonathan Bird

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bubbles in my face and the noise of bubbles imploding like mini sonic booms in my ears are the main reason I love twin hose regulators. So quiet and smooth. And, the mouthpiece is buoyant, another plus for me since thanks to an accident when I was a child, my front teeth are implants. The single hose regulators negative second stages are like mini crowbars dragging down on my teeth and after a while it hurts. I never have this problem with the buoyant twin hose mouthpiece.

Plus they are just way cooler. This summer in Key West I was on the boat out with some loud talker, loud talking about the "teams" and the Navy and blah, bla, blah, blah. Maybe he was in the Navy (twenty years ago) and how he had the newest and the best and the most EXPENSIVE and made sure everybody knew it. Now in real life, I am generally very quiet and just minded to my business. But, when the captain put me off first by myself and I stood up, slung the rig on and flipped the twin hose jauntily over my head, the look on his face was priceless. "Uh, uh, uh, wha, what is that". "Oh, my old Aqua Master, all the cool kats are using them these days", splash! Or, most times, they just figure it is a rebreather, :wink:.

N

Deleated

Back
Top Bottom