Juliet Liveaboard to Bahamas Nov 2-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3. We "sailed" only once, and it was really just for show. We "motor-sailed" (hahaha) for almost the entire journey. I was told by the Engineer (Max) that if we were to sail under wind power, it would have to be so windy, that no diving was allowed.

I had a similar conversation with one of the Juliet's captains a few years ago. He said that the boat really needs 20+ knots of wind for sailing to be an efficient way to get around. She also doesn't sail very well close-hauled and the possibility of an accidental jibe makes it scary to take her too far downwind, so the wind needs to be roughly parallel to her course. The sails are apparently more useful for steadying the boat during a rough crossing than they are for propulsion.

I've done maybe 6 trips on the Juliet and have another planned in 2020. In the past if divers wanted a guide the DM or some other designated crew member would accompany them. Obviously confirm with the Juliet when doing your pre-trip due diligence.

Nitrox is available. And FWIW every trip I've done with Juliet has exceeded my expectations.

Another thing I never anticipated but thoroughly enjoyed was the quality of the food.

Back
Top Bottom