Juliet Sailing and Diving out of Miami: a few pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportxlh

Contributor
Reaction score
formerly Palm Beach Gardens, FL: now Atlanta
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this is the Florida Forum, but Juliet Sailing and Diving does dock their boat in Miami where it loads up on Saturdays (so this topic is at least semi-related to Florida), then travels to the Bahamas for a week of diving: roughly four dives per day. I just got back from a Bahamas trip last week and had an awesome time on the boat. We dove a myriad of sites and were in the hands of an experienced crew: all of whom are top notch. Their new chef is also awesome. The boat also has nitrox.

Typical day is breakfast at 7:00, first dive at 8:00, second dive at 11:00, lunch at 12:30 or so, third dive at 3:00 or so, dinner at 6:00 or 6:30 with a final twilight or night dive at 8:00. This was my third trip with the Juliet in the past six years. Here's a few photos from the trip

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Thanks for the report. We're on the boat next summer (July 2020). Great crew...we had a blast with them in St. Croix. :)

Love that 1st shark pic. The Juliet enjoys an excellent reputation but I don't see a lot of 1st hand reviews on the forum; glad to see another. When I do see it reviewed, I don't often see many photos.

Do you have any shots from the boat? What the interior living space looks like, wherever people gather to eat, etc...?

I've never been on a really nice Aggressor-type boat so can't compare the Juliet to those $3,000+ per trip dive boats. It does compare favorably to the Ultimate Getaway or for those that remember, The Spree.

Juliet has private rooms which accommodate two divers. There are 6 rooms which can house 12 divers. 2 of the rooms have ensuite bathrooms. The other four rooms share two heads and a shower, though each has a sink for brushing your teeth.

The Juliet has been around a long time. Its charming in the same way an independent Key Largo hotel is charming (when compared to a Hyatt hotel). Like the typical Key Largo independent flagged hotels, the Juliet has seen some wear and tear but still has good bones and is a great diving platform. Its also one if the best diving values around at $1,600 or so for a week of diving on sites very few other operators hit (18-20 dives during a normal week), 3 square meals a day with plenty of snacks (we had a new chef on this trip who made, what I imagine to be, Aggressor-type high quality meals), plenty of beer and wine, or gin/vodka/rum, etc. for after the night dive (though people were generally pretty restrained: we had no wild drunks like I've heard about on Blackheads boats) and lots of room on the 103 foot boat for 12 divers to stretch out and relax between dives.

The crew is incredibly friendy and fun loving. I played cards with crew and passengers several times. They also simply sat around and chatted with us as well (BTW, there are 5 crew members).

I don't have any interior photos of the boat from this trip, I'll check to see if I have any pix from past trips later this week.

I'm sure I'll be making another trip with JS&D some time in the next year

Nice report & Great picts!. How long was each crossing for your trip ?

very cool...sounds like it's economical considering there is no long expensive airfare... thanks for sharing your report, log, and photos.

Found a few interior shots from a previous trip. They aren't great but give a feel for below deck..... this is Cabin #3, which is the smallest on the boat. The in-room sink is located under the trap door on the counter......

full.jpg

full.jpg

This is the corridor or hallway below deck used to access the bedrooms
full.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom