July 1-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernMelody

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have 4 days in July to do some diving...I'm looking for places and suggestions. I'm in Cambridge but willing to do some travelling. I'm next to broke so hotel's are out...camping is in, charters are iffy.

if we can organize a group charter or something we could maybe reduce the cost, even it not everyone can be there for 4 days.

Let me know :D

CDN ff:
I'm working nights, but as long as I'm back in Toronto by 3:30-4 PM, I'm game. I was just reading a list of shore accessible wrecks in Ontario.... Might be fun to write up a list, plan a route, and hit a few of them...

Check them out... http://www.leftmind.net/~adb/ontdive/shoredive.html
The Niagara penninsula sounds interesting.
A charter in Lake Erie to couple of wrecks or even Tobermory isn't far away either.

Kingston is also an option plenty of wrecks out there, plenty of camping if we want to go that route...I think this could be a real hoot and CND ff your idea sounds like fun too :)

Have Tent, willing to travel!

Well from the private responses I've been receiving Kingston seems to be the area of most interest. We may even be able to do some car pooling. Anyone who's insterested please do some research and post it here so it can be discussed :D

I'm soooo looking forward to this!

Ok new info.
He's my suggestions:
There is a local Quarry in Kingston...similar to gulliver's, about 20' and has a sunken boat. Could be a good place for a thursday dive after we unpack our tents. The cost is $5.

It was suggested that we camp at Lake Onatrio park...it is right nears town, walking distance to food and beverages :D I is also right on the lake so if we wanted we could shore dive from there, though it doesn't have an wrecks in the area...but it does drop to 80 feet.

Another free shore dive would be in Portsmouth Harbour near the marina there iare 2 wrecks in about 15 feet of water...I was told that this is a good night dive site....so we could do it once during the day and then a 2nd time at night (I'd like to get a night dive experience in)

In the same area there is another wreck in about 40-50 feet of water, BUT...it requires a "fair" surface swim before you can descend and a "fair" swim back. But it is doable.

Another wreck is at Light House Park near...he thinks...Nickelson Park. It has a light house there for sure and we can get more details later.

Last but not least, I would like to do 1 charter at the cost of $60 per person. I need a 100% answer on this ASAP so I can book us in. It's a first come first serve...that includes a 2 tank dive. He suggested diving in the St. Lawrence at the Wolf Island wreck. is sits starting at 45feet and goes down into the 80 feet range...I think that's what he said...but no current to be concerned about and a decent reck.

what do you folks think...I'll try and get a quote on camping, but there are plenty of hotels in the area too, if camping is expensive, we could split into pairs (I hope another girl comes

my key board is messed up right now but i checked the prices at & oaks for 2 BEDS AND THEY CHARGE 89 BUCKS i CALLED kOZY iNN AND THEY WANTED 99 BUCKS, i HAVEN'T FOUND THE CAMPING PLACE PHONE # YET, BUT BWTEEN 2 PEOPLE THAT'S NOT TOO BAD...I'LL KEEP RESEARCHING

I think I got it board working again...yeah! :)
Ok called Lake Ontario Park and had to leave a msg the number there is 613-542-6574 if someone else can give it a try.

Again everything needed to be decided VERY soon...

The job I was supposed to start in July, will be delayed, so I can't afford going anywhere especially since I'd be losing 2 days worth of earning. Sorry.
I'd love to join you all.

Back
Top Bottom