June 2021 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KristenK + diving spouse (Matt) + diving kids Jackson (20) and Paityn (18)

June 12-21
Occidental, diving with Pro Divers

First time to Coz, we're are super excited!!

Absolutely! Any recommendations on best places for dinner?

NO YOU DIDN"T!

Now this thread will explode:

Top of my head:

Every should go to El Moro, Ray and the family will make you feel like part of the family first visit. Ask for the story of his family and the Xtabentun story. Both are like a dinner show. Lots of traditional yucateca food and my favorite mole.

La Choza. Orange margaritas and my favorite place for a whole grilled huachinango (red snapper). Most of the staff has been there forever.

Casa Mission. Dinner on the huge covered veranda of the owners actual house. Lots of good stuff from steaks to seafound to more mexican dishes. Get the sexy coffee. its good but the show of making it is great.

La Cocay: This is probably near the top if you are going for a steak? They also have some duck on the menu. Learned I like duck there. Owner is a lovely lady.

Guidos: Kind of like an italian place? good pasta. nice garlic puffy flat bread. Lovely garden in the back or AC in the front. Always some kind of fresh fish dish. They make an heck of an "Alison Margarita". Just be careful with them.

Sorrissi: Completely italian. Lots of fancy wines and fancy italian dishes. good food and a really nice owner. They branched into pizza as well with the brick oven.

Kondessa: I think it is back open. It sister Kinta I hear is closed. Started by a chef out WI. great place. Garden eating.

Ohana: Ok, it doesn't sound MX but Matteo makes a great chicago deep dish. And they have fajitas and tacos and such. Also do 2x1 burger thing one night a week. Beef chicken or even lobster burger. Or at least go there for the night cap. Its like Mexican Cheers. And Matteo is a dive instructor at Blue Angel so you can talk diving at the bar with him.

I could keep going.

Jay & Cheryl (jbjclj).......................5/8-6/19.................Villa Las Anclas..............Tres Pelicanos
FishWatcher747...........................5/25-6/05..............El Cetro AirBnB..............Tres Pelecanos
horn34 + 3....................................5/25-6/14............."My House".....................Dive with Cristina
Pillpusher......................................5/28-6/5................Palmar VRBO.................Salty Endeavors
ScubaBird +1................................5/30-6/13..............AirBnB in Town..............Aldora
mchiapetto & Wife.......................5/31-6/9...............Casa Mexicana...............Tres Pelicanos
Judydivescoz.................................6/1-6/30..............."our house"....................Liquid Blue
Scuba_88 +1..................................6/5-6/24.............."Our Rental House........ Aldora & Dive with Cristina
Andyhi, spouse & Daughter........6/6-6/18................Palmar Condo...............Blue Project
noj3333.........................................6/8-6/17................Hotel Plaza Cozumel....Tres Pelicanos
neehooya......................................6/8-6/17................Condo/Corpus...............Tres Pelicannos
Scubagolf+diving spouse............6/10-6/20..............Scuba Club.....................Scuba Club
KristenK, Matt, Jackson, Paityn...6/12-6/21.............Occidental.......................Pro Divers
cvchief & Stick Susantia..............6/16-6-25..............Casa De Jefe...................Rodeo de Launches Mexicanas
Gamechanger+nondiving Mrs...6/18-6/28..............Residencia Reef.............Living Underwater
jbark..............................................6/19-6/22..............Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
Logos and Wife............................6/23-6/30..............Villa Aldora.....................Aldora
amoses+nondiving spouse........6/27-7/04..............Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
Ray and Pam................................6/29-7/06..............Hotel Cozumel...............Papa Hogs

@horn34 , any followup from Aldora? I'm interesting in hiring them for a lion fish trip.

Anyone else use them recently? https://www.aldora.com/lion-fish-hunting-trips
Zero response. I've been diving with them and recommending them for 6 years.

I had some friends that were planning to get the whole family OW certs next month, plus a week of diving and I had recommended Aldora. Not anymore.

We are heading down May 21-June 13, diving with ScubaTony.

Anyone know if the Yucatan restrictions/closures have migrated to Coz? Anything different than last fall going on for masks/temps/testing?

Thanks

Jay & Cheryl (jbjclj).......................5/8-6/19.................Villa Las Anclas..............Tres Pelicanos
SunnySpotCpl...............................5/21-6/13..............Rental House.................ScubaTony
FishWatcher747...........................5/25-6/05..............El Cetro AirBnB..............Tres Pelecanos
horn34 + 3....................................5/25-6/14............."My House".....................Dive with Cristina
Pillpusher......................................5/28-6/5................Palmar VRBO.................Salty Endeavors
ScubaBird +1................................5/30-6/13..............AirBnB in Town..............Aldora
mchiapetto & Wife.......................5/31-6/9...............Casa Mexicana...............Tres Pelicanos
Judydivescoz.................................6/1-6/30..............."our house"....................Liquid Blue
Scuba_88 +1..................................6/5-6/24.............."Our Rental House........ Aldora & Dive with Cristina
Andyhi, spouse & Daughter........6/6-6/18................Palmar Condo...............Blue Project
noj3333.........................................6/8-6/17................Hotel Plaza Cozumel....Tres Pelicanos
neehooya......................................6/8-6/17................Condo/Corpus...............Tres Pelicannos
Scubagolf+diving spouse............6/10-6/20..............Scuba Club.....................Scuba Club
KristenK, Matt, Jackson, Paityn...6/12-6/21.............Occidental.......................Pro Divers
cvchief & Stick Susantia..............6/16-6-25..............Casa De Jefe...................Rodeo de Launches Mexicanas
Gamechanger+nondiving Mrs...6/18-6/28..............Residencia Reef.............Living Underwater
jbark..............................................6/19-6/22..............Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
Logos and Wife............................6/23-6/30..............Villa Aldora.....................Aldora
captnpat & Melissa.....................6/27-7/3................Occidental......................ScubaWithAlison
amoses+nondiving spouse........6/27-7/04..............Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
Ray and Pam................................6/29-7/06..............Hotel Cozumel...............Papa Hogs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom