Jupiter Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virus]FSLR2[

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The local Dive Shop here in St. Augustine (Sea Hunt Scuba) is planning a weekend get-a-way to Jupiter for September 27-28. They actually have something planned for almost every-other weekend, but alot of their dives are in the springs, Ginnie, Manatee, Blue Hole and all those places.

Haven't been down to Jupiter yet, but have some experience with the West Palm/Lantana area. Anything special to hit while we're there, and are any of you interested in hitting it that weekend? I'll get more information (Dive locations, boat, whatnot...) Monday or Tuesday, but I've signed up for it.

We've had such a nasty T-Cline up here this summer, it's been 64 on the bottom and 8' vis, so I've been driving the 8-hours round trip to get to WPB to get wet. Lantana dives have all been with the Starfish Enterprise - www.idivestarfish.com - and they run a good boat. Max divers onboard 16, although the boat is set for 22. Captain Craig would rather have a nice experience for his divers with no accidents, and have return business than to have bad experiences and lose future customers.

Well, enough rambling

-=V=-

Hey,

I think that the reefs in Jupiter are nicer than the ones in West Palm. I think a lot more newbies have visited West palm cuz its nice, easy, good depth, etc and the reef looks pretty beat up. Jupiter on the other hand has gret reefs, that aren't ll cracked up, the sea fnas haven't been kicked over.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Well, the trip was umm.... Interesting and ledges were very nice.

you can read about it here...

There is a window of opportunity to do a lemon shark dive. The sharks seem to migrate and gather in that area for a couple weeks out of the year and this brings all sorts of scientists to study the sharks. The dive is awesome, I went last year and loved it. They have a couple of other really nice dives there as well. It is important to note that sometimes visibility can suck a little more often there than in other places. Hope this helps.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom