Jupiter Shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for posting this vid. Can you provide a little more info about it? At what depth was it shot? Did you use any filters or lights, and if so, which one(s)? What were the settings (1080p? 30fps? Superwide?)

Gracias! :D

Thank you for posting this vid. Can you provide a little more info about it? At what depth was it shot? Did you use any filters or lights, and if so, which one(s)? What were the settings (1080p? 30fps? Superwide?)

Gracias! :D

Yes, some more information would be great. I am going to Jupiter next week and am thinking about buying a GoPro Silver for the trip. Need all the advice, recommendations and information I can get. Thanks ahead of time.

That's something I hope to dive someday. The lemon sharks that dominate much of the video are beautiful and distinctive, with the front & rear dorsal fins similar in size. But at the start of the video, there's another kind of shark maybe 6-8 feet long? Is that a silky shark or what kind?

Richard.

Thanks guys! First dive was on the deep ledge and those sharks were Duskys. In total that day we saw Duskys, Lemons, Bulls, and one Sandbar. The Bulls were very shy, the Lemons and Duskys not so shy. Lol. First dive on the deep ledge you drop down to 90 to 100 ft then work your way back up slowly with the sharks and spen most of the dive around 60. The Sharks stay with you the whole dive right back to the boat, dive time on that dive was 55 min. Next two dives are at the Esso Bonaire wreck the bottom there is 90ft or you can stay on the top of the wreck which is probably 70ft. Second and third dive time was 60min, 20 min on the bottom then an open water drift with the Sharks to finish the dives.

I I used a hero 4 silver with the Backscatter 3.1 flip filters. The filter I used was the dive filter which is rated for 25 to 55 depth. I also have a tray with two 700 lumen lights that are 120 degrees wide. Settings on the camera were 1080 60 fps, protune on, auto white balance. Everything else was the default settings.

i would recommend this dive to anyone that is thinking about it, it's a blast. Randy Jordan and is crew at Emerald made us feel right at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom