Jupiter Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought by the title that they found life on Jupiter/ Silly me.

That looked a bit over the top to me...I mean, an accident begging to happen perhaps?

Right, too bad that Emerald has lost two groups of divers recently and that Randy was seriously bitten by a shark.
One reason why it took more than a year for me to edit and post this video was because I wasn't too sure how I felt about chumming for sharks and hand feeding them. After all, on land we know it is a bad idea to feed wild bears.

I do know that Randy was bitten and airlifted. I also know that the Emerald did lose ONE group of divers after they were swept away by currents. Randy was one of the lost divers that day. I also know that all divers were rescued rather quickly by the authorities. I do not know of a 2nd incident of lost divers.

I've only done 2 dives with Emerald. Those two were uneventful. Randy is very clear that these dives are not for neophytes. Maybe Randy should use coat mail like Cristina Zenato does. He might have more fingers if he'd done it earlier. In any case I welcome debate about this subject. One thing I know is that sharks could use more Randy-like supporters at this point in time where so many are being lost.

I live in Canada and I'm not one of Randy's regulars. I've only done one dive trip (2 dives) with them so far. That said I've decided that what Randy's doing is positive for the sharks. Damn the torpedoes and the lost limbs/fingers - they're all Randy's anyhow.

One reason why it took more than a year for me to edit and post this video was because I wasn't too sure how I felt about chumming for sharks and hand feeding them. After all, on land we know it is a bad idea to feed wild bears.

I do know that Randy was bitten and airlifted. I also know that the Emerald did lose ONE group of divers after they were swept away by currents. Randy was one of the lost divers that day. I also know that all divers were rescued rather quickly by the authorities. I do not know of a 2nd incident of lost divers.

I've only done 2 dives with Emerald. Those two were uneventful. Randy is very clear that these dives are not for neophytes. Maybe Randy should use coat mail like Cristina Zenato does. He might have more fingers if he'd done it earlier. In any case I welcome debate about this subject. One thing I know is that sharks could use more Randy-like supporters at this point in time where so many are being lost.

I live in Canada and I'm not one of Randy's regulars. I've only done one dive trip (2 dives) with them so far. That said I've decided that what Randy's doing is positive for the sharks. Damn the torpedoes and the lost limbs/fingers - they're all Randy's anyhow.
One lost group picked up by Jupiter Dive Center, 2nd lost group picked up by Sea Tow. The bite injury stands on its own.

One lost group picked up by Jupiter Dive Center, 2nd lost group picked up by Sea Tow. The bite injury stands on its own.
Both groups were lost on the same day and on the same dive, right? If so, we're talking about the same thing. All lost divers where from the same dive on the same day. They were picked up by two different boats, maybe even in different locations, but all divers came from the same dive on the same day. Am I missing something?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom