just a question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just+h2O

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am currently cavern certified and am working on gear and reading the cave diving manual. I have a question it seems that where I have been diving the permanent line is on the left when entering a cave is this true or just a coincidence. I have only been in the cavern zone, but it seems that if this is true left hand in line is into cave, right hand is out. Or am I showing my untrained pov. Please be kind really just wanted to know.

Just coincidence. Depending on the topography of the cave, you might have to cross from one side of the line to the other as you swim in or out.

ron is correct, and welcome!

It varies with the cave. The line in Jackson Blue starts on the right and stays there for about 950' before it crosses over to the left (if you go right at the T). The line at Twin Cave starts on the left and ends up on the right about 100' in. The line at Hole in the Wall upstream starts on the right and ends up on the left about 400' in. The downstream side starts on the left and ends up on the right about 50' in. Peacock has 2 lines in the cavern. One on the left and one in the center! You may not even see the line in some caverns like Orange Grove.

Yeah I was using my lack of training logic and experience of the caverns I have been in when asking the question. I guess it was wishful logic. Lol. I will wait until I have the experience and training to find out firsthand. Thank you all for your answers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom