Just bought Icon HD Black edition - have 5 beginners questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
1. What should I do with the neopren patch-thing that comes in the box? Should it cover the screen when not in use?

2. I use the recommended Mac program “Divers diary” but even if the Icon computer is connected it does not seem to update the time. Do you have to set that manually yourself from the dive computer?

3. Is there no internet version / cloud version where the Mares dives are stored? Up until now I used Suunto’s "Movescount" and liked it and thought Mares must have something similar. Is there an equivalent?

4. I tried to register the product (Icon HD Black edition) on the Mares website, but that specific version was not available. Should I register as "Icon" or "Net ready"?

5. I googled and saw that there is no way of deleting the 1 test (?) dive that was already logged when I bought the new dive computer. Correct?

I can answer some of these.

1. I have no idea. I thought it was some kind of extra padding you could use, but I guess it might be a cover for the screen.

2. When you open the "computer" screen and select "Icon", click on the "statistics" tab on the bottom and press the "synch" button.

3. No cloud version that I know of.

4. I'd use "net ready" If you're entering a serial number, it shouldn't matter anyway.

5. You cannot delete the test dive, but you can start recording your own dives and tell the program to start there--ignoring the test dive.

I will also mention that I typically use DiveLogDT on my Mac. I like it better and it will synch dives to my iPhone and iPad too. I only download dives to DiversDiary if I want to look at a few very specific things like average consumption or CNS at a specific point during a dive.

#1 - I believe it's to put on the strap on the inside of the computer (back) between the computer and your wrist as padding. At least that's what I use it for.

1. What should I do with the neopren patch-thing that comes in the box? Should it cover the screen when not in use?
Is nor for cover is put between the computer and your skin and don't hurt you skin (if you dive on the caribe). (if you have a neopreno, you don't need it.)

2. I use the recommended Mac program “Divers diary” but even if the Icon computer is connected it does not seem to update the time. Do you have to set that manually yourself from the dive computer? (yes, or use the software of mares)

3. Is there no internet version / cloud version where the Mares dives are stored? Up until now I used Suunto’s "Movescount" and liked it and thought Mares must have something similar. Is there an equivalent? I don't know any.. sorry.

4. I tried to register the product (Icon HD Black edition) on the Mares website, but that specific version was not available. Should I register as "Icon" or "Net ready"? as Net Read (I upgrade my computer to the version 4.1)

5. I googled and saw that there is no way of deleting the 1 test (?) dive that was already logged when I bought the new dive computer. Correct? yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom