• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Just bought some new gear from Scubatoys

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by Kestrell, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Coogeeman

Coogeeman Instructor, Scuba

Hi Scubatoys

Larry...do you guys ship to Australia? Great website by the way!

Thanks

Coogeeman

2. zyxomma

zyxomma Angel Fish

I was looking at buying a regular from scubatoys and I live in Canada. I was wondering if there is any extra cost on top of the 39.95US besides the taxes? What would I be looking at for getting it shiped and having it shipped out and what sorta time frame?

Thanks

3. kmac

kmac Solo Diver

Need more shameless advertising? I bought a couple new tanks from them last months... quick service, no bs, no extra sales attempts like I get locally... I'm clearing out tons of old gear and replacing all of it and yes, I'll be going to ST for all my new gear!

Did that sound like a commercial? :D

4. outlawaggie

outlawaggie Barracuda

Perfectly said Larry,

Al, no offense intended, but based on the fact that you post your air fill comment everytime someone mentions online sales I'd advise a business course. Simple economics dictate that if there is demand (air fills) someone will step in to fill that demand. As Larry said, "If a business can't figure out what the future brings, and mold their model accordingly, it is unfair to ask the consumer just to pay more money because that business man is incompetent."

5. Nomaster

Nomaster Solo Diver

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I've been doing a lot of shopping this last month. I have done quite a bit of window shopping from my pc and will do some more, then will probably end up buying in the US online and spend the savings visiting for a month and bring my equipment back with me. Prices are high here.
    Is this feasible? What are the real ramifications? Don't know, still have some shopping to do, but that's been my answer for a couple weeks now.
    I get the argument that if I don't buy in Korea I won't get good service, and if I don't buy in the US I won't get service when I go back (something about manufacturers warantee coverage). The prices here seem outrageously high (everything imported apparently has a huge luxury tax added on) so what to do?
    I mean besides checking that information out and trying to find better prices somewhere in this country.
    Guess I'll talk to Larry before I take my final descision. I admire the way he said his piece then stepped back and let his customers tell the story for him.
    Oh, and I'm writing this in hopes of getting feedback from you who have experienced my perceived difficulty. I need help in this search and descision.

Tom

6. outlawaggie

outlawaggie Barracuda

I'd talk to Larry but there should be no problems with what you plan to do. Bear in mind however that you CANNOT take tanks on a plane. All other gear is good to go. I went to Africa a couple of years back and took some gear to a friend of mine. I had no problems. (I did claim that it was mine and not a gift.)

7. Nomaster

Nomaster Solo Diver

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Thanks, the tanks are about the only equipment I'm not too afraid to rent here; although I have heard that no one hydro's them.
    From my experience and the input from others who have dove here, equipment maintenance is not practiced.
    Where I dove two weeks ago I used one of the DM's equipment. The rental equipment wasn't all that missed periodic maintenance.
    NOTE TO SELF:
    Must have own equipment!

Tom