Just certified in Jupiter FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Excited to get started with my buddy. Which center do you think has the best Dive Boats and guides ?

My reccomendation is to get some experience diving shallower....aka...west palm beach shallow reefs. Look into Pura Vida, Narcosis, Little Deeper, JASA, Walkers. All good boats.

come visit the Vero Beach Scuba club this weekend. We'll be doing some easy, no stress (and interesting) local shore dives

come visit the Vero Beach Scuba club this weekend. We'll be doing some easy, no stress (and interesting) local shore dives
Given that Deepsix doesn't open until 9am, where are you renting from, Sheeper? (Assuming you are...)

Sandy's Sunday is a nice boat to dive from for a new diver.

I second that. Sandy's boat is a 12-pack, meaning less chance of getting lost in the herd and more attention from the DM. A great op for any skill level.

Narcosis is a good pick too - they typically put 2 DMs in the water, which helps.. They run a mix of beginner and advanced sites like Sandy. Closer to home you have Kyalami, which probably hits more advanced sites but is pretty laid back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like and dive with Jupiter Dive Center very often (~50 dives a year). I tend to think of Jupiter as more advanced diving and a place that a diver should wait until he/she has a few dives under his/her belt and is Nitrox certified. Then again, the top of most of the reefs are only 65-70 feet so you might be completely comfortable on the Jupiter reefs.

For new divers, I think The Scuba Club in WPB is excellent. They send down two DM's and do a nice job of ensuring newer divers are comfortable. Roughly speaking, my first 10 deep dives in Florida were with SC and I'm glad I dove with them early on. I don't tend to dive with them much anymore since they do so many one tank dives (and I much prefer two tank trips).

I've also been out with Sandy's Sunday, Narcosis, Jim Abernathy and Walkers and think that they are all good operators: when JDC is booked, I usually turn to one of those four dive boats.

If you really want to take it slow, dive on the first reef line in Pompano: its only 20-35 feet deep and is a nice way to be get used to diving. I like South Florida Dive HQ, Pompano Dive Ctr and Scubatyme.

MrChen's suggestion of BHB is also a good one.

I'm going probably going to BHB on Sunday and Tuesday nights. I don't have any confirmed dive buddies, so you're welcome to join me.

A big LIKE for Kayalami. How can you not love Capt Sl8r. Here's his dive report from today. He's such a trip.

[video=youtube;GSKecIm1Lco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKecIm1Lco[/video]

Given that Deepsix doesn't open until 9am, where are you renting from, Sheeper? (Assuming you are...)
got my own...everything

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom