Just completed first few OW dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajharrison

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm learning to dive at the minute through a BSAC club, and just completed my first few open water dives over the weekend. There is no other point to this post other than to say that it was absolutely amazing!!

I had the usual slight nervousness before getting in the water, but once under the water that all vanished - I was on the north west coast of Ireland, clear water (5-10m vis), sunny skies, granite rock shore to dive around, plenty of life (shore crabs, spider crabs, hermit crabs, pollock, wrasse, flatfish, other fish....) - I have always wanted to learn to scuba dive, and as I swam around taking in all the underwater scenery I thought to myself - this is why!!
(Of course I had to do all the drills as well, such as mask removal in 10 degree celsius water which isnt as much fun (!?), but that was a small price to pay for such enjoyable dives...)

Anyone wondering if they should give diving a go or not - my humble advice - DO IT!!

By the way - thanks to everyone for all the posts on this forum - there is an absolute wealth of useful information here!!

All the best,

Andy

Hi there!
I was diving last year in Switzerland, and the water in the lake (they have only lakes and rivers - ja ja ja - they don't know what sea means - je je je) was 5 degrees. I dove with a doble 5 mm Mares Wet Suit, after that I took my dry suit course. Do it if you want to enjoy the dive!!!!
About your nervous, don't worry, that happens, but will disappear very soon!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom