Just finished Rescue/AOW/EFR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgvmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
At the end of March my son(15) and I completed our EFR/AOW and Rescue classes in a week dedicated to diving, training, diving and more diving.

At the end of the 6 days I was pretty tired but very happy with the experience.

My son and I both went in with 30+ dives, and lapsed Red Cross CPR(3+years old). I am certified BSA lifeguard (same as Red Cross, with additional emphasis on general water safety).

I am also very proud of my son, having rescued me with a huge size difference between us. (he's 5'11 160, I'm 6'5" 330).

Since we were doing rescue our instructor decided it would be a good idea when we did our AOW deep dive, doing a search pattern at 100+ feet would be fun. I don't think either of were narced, either.

Now that I've completed rescue I feel better about my ability to handle issues I might have as well as others I dive with.

Thanks to our instructor CAT van Dorn

Congratulations to both of you on the achievements and on you furthering your level of training!! Sounds like a very intense but rewarding block of time. Just curious, where did you do the in-water work? The big old pond on the coast is still a wee bit chilly in these parts.....

Safe diving and keep on learning,

Hank

My son and I cheated....he had off from school so I barged in on my Mom in Pompano Beach (I'm always welcome when I bring one of the grandkids) Florida.

The funny part were the locals all complaining about the temperature with 75-78 degree water, I was wearing a skin. My son had a 5mm but most of the time was diving with a rash guard only. The locals all had 5-7mm but were still cold.

I'm sure you had a better time in FL than you would have had up here in March. That's the great thing about temps- they're all relative. On an ice dive I was all snug in my dry suit and a fair bit of fleece but there was a guy in a 7mm wetsuit. Not that I'm complaining about my drysuit though!!!

I hear the ocean is above 50 now, at least on the surface......:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom