Just found out about a CALIFORNIA trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
My LDS told me today of a trip on a liveaboard all inclusive once you get to the boat December 21st to the 23rd for $295 you leave from Long beach Friday night go where ever and return Sunday evening it's on a 110' boat with 4 bathrooms..They want to limit it to 30 people.

The water temp will be in the low 60's or I would join ya chasing lobsters.

Saguaro Diving and Sports

TF 1 877 837 7637

Fishkiller, you disappoint all of us COLD WATER DIVERS.

Here was a golden opportunity to enjoy some real diving iin the diving mecca of the world, and you are passing it up because the water will be in the low 60s.:eek:

Well my friend from the all beach state, that time of year the water temps off Long Beach are actually in the mid to upper 50s if you are lucky. Very nice. Vis should be near 60+.

If they are going on a 110 footer out of Long Beach it is no doubt the Iron Eagle, but it is only 100'. there is one boat bigger (145') but it is a research boat I believe.

Come on over and I will go out on the boat with you and be your dive buddy.:thumb:

The boat is the 100' Iron Eagle, you are familiar with this vessal? is that a good price?

I have heard of it FK but have not seen it or been on it. The price, well, I would think it is probably in the ball park of other multi-day trips.

I have only done a couple 2 day trips and it seems they are somewhere in the $250 range from what I can remember. These trips were just over to Catalina, so if you are going to a different locale then it is possible they may charge more.

Here is their website if you would like to see and read about the boat: http://www.diveironeagle.com/

In looking at it, it seems to be a little cluttered with extra toys for me personally. When I go on a boat I am there to get wet under the water, not on top so I don't need the other frills they are talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom