Just Moved to SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey SoCal!

I just moved down to Redondo Beach from San Francisco. Most of my diving has been in Monterey, however I have made a few trips down to San Diego, Coronado Island, and Catalina. I consider myself an experienced diver, however I havent dove in at least a year. I still have to go through all my gear to make sure its in good condition, but would anyone be willing to take me on a few shore dives around the area?

Jordan

Check out DiveVets in Redondo. A group that dives every Wednesday night at Vets park next to redondo pier. They also dive Saturday morning there as well. Also there are a smaller group of DiveVets who dive in Palos Verdes at (OML), now Terrenea resort on sunday mornings.
They are always glad to show folks around, just show up.

Welcome to SoCal. I'm too lazy to lug the gears and fight the surf to do shore dives. However if you need a buddy for boat dives, I'm ready, willing and able.

If you go to pacificwilderness.com and click on their facebook link, the owner of the shop does an open dive every Sunday to anyone who shows up at different locations around socal

There are several useful threads on here as well as DiveBuddy.com. and ShoreDiving.com. There is also a club called NBTT dive club with some great people in it that do a lot of shore diving. I'm stationed up at Marine Corps Base 29 Palms but get down to the coast about once a month. There is certainly no shortage of great shore diving down there. My favorites are in Laguna Beach. Shaw's Cove and Crystal Cove to be specific. Welcome and enjoy!

Danny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom