Just purchased vintage depth gage any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quote "It worked fine the last time I used it. ......cleaning out a large warehouse and has had this for sometime "

Makes me wonder when the last time it really was used but hey, for $36.01, buyer beware I guess. If it does crap out you could always keep it for a museum piece or a paper weight!

getwet2:
I quote "It worked fine the last time I used it. ......cleaning out a large warehouse and has had this for sometime "

Makes me wonder when the last time it really was used but hey, for $36.01, buyer beware I guess. If it does crap out you could always keep it for a museum piece or a paper weight!

For the price, that's exactly what I thought! Figured I would try the depth gauge to see if it works. The compass and snorkel were just a bonus. All three seemed interesting enough to have for 36 bucks!

My brother-in-law has a really old depth guage that he takes every time he goes diving, I don't recall what brand it is but it does work and it is accurate. That doesn't stop me from getting a good chuckle every time he brings it out of the bag though.:lol3: All in good fun of course!

Dang, I had stuff just like that, including the leaky snorkel.
My compass broke, but the depth gauge still works.
Mid/late 60s to early 70s era goodies, the depth gauge also came in a shallower scale, 0 - 120' range, if I'm recalling correctly.

Aloha Jet Fixer
The compass appears top be a Taylor Brand compass. The picture does not show very well, but is it Green? All the ones I have are Green. I belive the compass dates from the 1950's to early 1960's.
Turtleguy

Turtleguy:
Aloha Jet Fixer
The compass appears top be a Taylor Brand compass. The picture does not show very well, but is it Green? All the ones I have are Green. I belive the compass dates from the 1950's to early 1960's.
Turtleguy

Aloha Turtleguy,

Thanks for the reply. I dig your gear. Great job restoring the regs and all! I don't know what color the compass is yet, since they have not yet arrived. I will post when it shows up, hopefully this week.

Bob3:
Dang, I had stuff just like that, including the leaky snorkel.
My compass broke, but the depth gauge still works.
Mid/late 60s to early 70s era goodies, the depth gauge also came in a shallower scale, 0 - 120' range, if I'm recalling correctly.

Thanks Bob3 for the input. I'm sure hoping the depth gauge works. I'm planning on trying it all out just for fun.

Back
Top Bottom